Thread: Big Talk and Minimal Techno anyone?

Big Talk and Minimal Techno anyone?

Hello My name is Max Portland, I am from Minneapolis, MN. Currently reside in Denver, Colorado. I am 35 years old, and my daily duties consist of manipulating sounds and controlling ones emotions.

Since leaving the Air force in 2002, the last 15 years of my life I have been eating, sleeping, and breathing techno music. Specifically Minimal Techno. Djing to me is the only time I feel like a normal human, whatever normal is?

My influences are: Producers - Marc Houle, Magda, Stimming, X-Press 2, and Popof. DJ's - Woody McBride, DJ Shiftee, Carl Cox, DJ Icey.

Besides Techno my interests are in, the Universe, Quantum Computers, Ethnobotany, Chemistry, and the Nintendo Entertainment System, and trying to overcome my Social Anxiety, just to name a few.

My favorite places to go are, nowhere! Just kidding, I can be forced out of the house, to go biking downtown, or hiking in the mountains. I enjoy peaceful places with nature sounds.

My Superpower: I'm a true Nerd with an I.Q. of 145. This is a blessing and a curse, but you'll definitely want me on your team if the Zombie Apocalypse happens, as I can make or fix almost anything.

My friends make fun of me by calling me Sheldon Cooper (I think it's the OCD), I welcome you all to do the same.
    Last edited by Max Portland; 10-15-2017 at 09:35 PM.

123 views and no one has anything to say? I thought this was a forum? Why look at anyone who just signed up then? It's not like I asked to borrow your car or your girlfriend. I'm new here but not new to DJing.

I guess this is just a place for people with hobbies.

Hey Max welcome. I've been DJing mainly psytrance since 2001, other things before that. I enjoy lots of styles of electronic music including techno but it's only in the last year that I've become serious about playing some techno sets at the same level I currently play psy.. so I've started really digging through labels and artists, trying to identify and develop my style. So far Token records is my favorite and closest to what I want to play... Also some of the remixes on re:Axis. Drumcode is not bad but more like what I enjoy listening to for relaxation or casual dancing and not as much what I want to play...

Hey and welcome to the forum! You should check Romanian minimal techno etc. type of stuff, people like Rhadoo, Petre Inspirescu and go from there. There's cool music out there, and I love these quirky records coming from Romania.

He's probably not coming back.........

So I've seen lol