Thread: Xs400

Xs400

I recently purchased an ADJ XS400. Its a 4 light moving head.
    https://youtu.be/EpWMiggfdBM

Pros and Cons
    1. Very active light so to slow it down you need to use DMX, so thats a pain
    2. Its the middle brother to the XS200 and the XS600, the XS200 is boring and the XS600 will drive you nuts
    Its not like I can't afford the XS600, its just too much movement in my opinion. I feel like vomiting watching them but thats just me.
    https://youtu.be/1oovlMOxA4U

3. Good price point now, ADJ is phasing them out.
    4. Bad thing is that fog or haze really brings out the beauty of these lights as most moving heads. So weddings may be a dud.
    5. You must be careful with these, though solid built, most of it is plastic.
    6. Doesnt use the ADJ IR remote, bad for non-DMX fans.
    7. Really a change from a traditional moving head except for fancy ones with moving GOBOS which are still awesome in my opinion.
    8. Has that retro 70's look but each lens changes colors or stays a solid color which the older fixtures didnt do.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

CORRECTION---IT does use the IR remote capacity, but is not included. However, like I stated, it really wont do much as DMX is the way to go. A cheapo $100 Obey 10 will do the job, as you can control the light to a crawl or stand still for slow dances or keeping it on during a dinner at a wedding with it standing still aimed at the ceiling or pointed at the groom's eyes while he's eating.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller