Thread: Pitchfader problems

Pitchfader problems

Hi everyone.

i've Baught a set of 2 Numark NDX400 cd/media players. I'm using them for 3 months now, and i have a little problem with them. When i move the pitchfader up or down, it changes the pitch by an amount of, lets say, 1.26 bpm. I think that's very ennoying, because it won't let me beatmatch good. When i have to beats exactly in sync , it will be out of sync 10 seconds later, because of the Pitch (which is to precise). Anyone who haves some advice for Me?
    Max

Numarks are usually cheap and less precise in terms of pitch adjustments. They also are not accurate in terms of clocking, so they have a certain amount of digital wow/flutter and are unable to keep a precise pitch. You will have to keep on making platter or pitch fader corrections, known as riding the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Numarks are usually cheap and less precise in terms of pitch adjustments. They also are not accurate in terms of clocking, so they have a certain amount of digital wow/flutter and are unable to keep a precise pitch. You will have to keep on making platter or pitch fader corrections, known as riding the pitch.
    I'm not sure that's exactly true. While the earlier players did have disgraceful random latency on the cue, the timing once in the mix was never that bad.

Maxtra... There's a button just above the pitch fader, it changes it to 4%, 8%, 10% (might be 16%), 100%. If you want a finer adjustment on your pitch fader, change this to 4%. Now you should be able to get it spot on. Turn off master tempo too.

Having tried a few numark products (still have a dual deck player for gigs), I always found they're just not as accurate as some others regarding pitch stability. Then you're right about the master tempo that has to be switched off. You can hear the artifacts (especially kicks and snares)when going outwards of +/- 3%