Thread: help with everything

help with everything

Hey guys, I joined here about 2 weeks ago and i wish i did 7 years ago. Currently i am still a bedroom DJ looking to expand and graduate to bigger and better things. I've been putting a mix out once a month or so for about a couple of years now, but recently started doing it consistently. The problem is getting my name out there. I've gone to a local club in my area and began handing out CD's as one way, and I also began using guerrilla marketing on my college campus, but everything seems to put me in the same place as i was before. I've actually never had a club gig where someone called and booked me for it, i've only had 2 where i asked for both of them and one was an audition and the other was a party where no one showed up. I also try to network with some other dj's and they either give me the cold shoulder or one even got scared because he saw the content i put out already. Y'all can probably hear the frustration in my voice as i type this, but i seriously need help. What should i do?

-DJ BIOHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by biohawk97 View Post
    one even got scared because he saw the content i put out already.
    Please expand?

It seems like you're looking for a promoter so that you can generate demand for your services. I would suggest doing research for promoters in your area.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...