Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help badly

Need some help badly

I have My first gig tomorrow night. I have two old EV speakers With screw in connections on the back (pic attached) But I have an up-to-date sub woofer that I want to connect with the EV’s. The sub has XLR input and output jacks on it. Also the powered mixer I’m using only has a quarter inch output jacks on it. Can anyone help me with what I need to go purchase to connect all of this together?

Standby trying to figure out how to attach a pic

[IMG]1725 (2)[/IMG]
    Last edited by Fast49; 09-29-2017 at 06:22 AM.

ok i'm sorry i can't figure out how to attach pic. anyway there are 2 screws on the back one for (+) and one for (-)

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

OK so do you have an amplifier? If so, what brand and model? And what is the model of the speakers and brand and model of the sub?

You might want to rent some powerer speakers, seeing as how it's the last minute

The powered sub is a JBL Eon..... The two EV speakers are PI 12-2's and I'm using a Behringer europower pmp550m powered mixer

The JBL sub is a 518S

Bad news, that mixer does not have any line outputs so you cannot connect that powered sub, period. That means you also cannot connect any powered speakers. Did you just buy that mixer? If so I'm going to suggest you take it back and get an unpowered mixer with XLR outputs, and then maybe rent some powered speakers to get you through this weekends event.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

The channels on the mixer have line inputs on them. Can I run the sub through one of those channels? Taking back mixer isn't an option.... although I do have a separate non powered mixer I could use and another old power amp but I think one of the sides on the amp is going out

Those are inputs not outputs. What is the other mixer you have? It is possible you could utilize both mixers to get the job done.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com