Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cable organizing I'm lazy

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    My cables get coiled every time, some times more neatly than others and yea, at times I will have to dump everything out of the road cases and neaten up some of them, if I rushed it. Some of them I use velcro ties.. a lot of them I use tie line (theatrical tie line / parachute cord) which I got used to in the many years when theatre was my hobby and sometimes living. Tie line is far superior for larger cables, and once you get used to it, just as easy.
    Everyone should own a roll: https://www.amazon.com/SGT-KNOTS-Bla...70_&dpSrc=srch

I've given up on velcro. Every cable gets tie line. One quick shoe knot and it's good to go (after winding over/under: of coarse)

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    Everyone should own a roll. One quick shoe knot and it's good to go (after winding over/under: of coarse)
    Doesn't work for me I hate knots, velcro all the way.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

I agree w/ conanski. Nuts would drive me knots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Drop the bass, and the bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    I like the bags... been using large Ziplocks for a long time, and they work OK, but need to be replaced frequently. However, Ziplocks are cheap and you can see what's in them, which is good to some extent, but not attractive.
    I've been using Ziplock bags for small stuff (Like RCA cables, phone cables, USB cables, etc.) for many years. I keep them in a suit case.
    For light stuff like that, they last pretty much forever.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    The long bar style strips have more of a chance to move and flip over. The cheapest black one in your link is $22 the Furman is 26.56. Also Long and McQuade has locations across Canada and Amazon prime has 2 day shipping.
    The problem with cheap power strips is you probably run a higher chance of them catching on fire.

I've had two of them catch fire, both were beige metal ones touting a $100,000 equipment protection guarantee/warranty. Now I only buy plastic ones, rack mounted ones, and long wall/floor mounted ones. But I'd probably trust a Furman metal power strip, since I've never had a problem with their rack mounted ones.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.