Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cable organizing I'm lazy

Cable organizing I'm lazy

At the end of an event sometimes I just want to leave so I throw all my cables into a bin and leave. This causes a big tangled mess. So i decided to look for some canvas bags I could put my cables in. Couldn't find what I wanted online. One day at the $ saw I found some courier bags for $1.50 each. So now I have gone from this:

to this:

Going to have to go back to the store to buy a few more but I think it turned out great. The only think I am worried about are the zippers. Seems like they can break easily.

Also ordered this:

Beats using a beige power bar.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Looks good. Cables should always be black and power bars should always have long cords attached. I custom made the first 2 I ever had but somebody else thought they deserved them more than me and liberated them from my collection.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Nice. I have had one of those Furman strips.. the same exact one, for a couple of decades now and it's still going strong. Good strip. But about 6-7 years ago i got my hands on half a dozen APC brand 30A PDU's.. Basically they are heavy duty 10 outlet power strips with a long cord made to plug into a UPS. I cut the twist lock off them and put a 20A Edison plug on them, and they're great.
    Last edited by light-o-matic; 09-28-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    At the end of an event sometimes I just want to leave so I throw all my cables into a bin and leave. This causes a big tangled mess. So i decided to look for some canvas bags I could put my cables in. Couldn't find what I wanted online. One day at the $ saw I found some courier bags for $1.50 each. So now I have gone from this:

to this:

Going to have to go back to the store to buy a few more but I think it turned out great. The only think I am worried about are the zippers. Seems like they can break easily...
    I like the bags... been using large Ziplocks for a long time, and they work OK, but need to be replaced frequently. However, Ziplocks are cheap and you can see what's in them, which is good to some extent, but not attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Furman has served me well for several years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Drop the bass, and the bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    I like the bags... been using large Ziplocks for a long time, and they work OK, but need to be replaced frequently. However, Ziplocks are cheap and you can see what's in them, which is good to some extent, but not attractive.
    Using Packing Cubes may be a good alternative to Ziplocks bags. Cubes can have mesh material for visibility into the bag, and they're very durable - and even washable.

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Using Packing Cubes may be a good alternative to Ziplocks bags. Cubes can have mesh material for visibility into the bag, and they're very durable - and even washable.

Good suggestion!😊

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post

It was such a good idea, I ordered four medium and four small ones. They should fit nicely in my gig bag and allow me to organize it WAY better than before. Thanks again KLH.😊

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    That Furman has served me well for several years now.
    These things are shit. A $15 surge from the store works just as well, literally no perceivable difference.

To answer OP we use cables ties. We use different colors for different types of cables, for example. We use black for power cables, blue for sound cables, and red for DMX cables, we have green for HDMI cables. I prefer to wrap each cable by itself. Unless it's like a 10' cable.