Thread: RCF EVOX 8 vs HK Lucas Nano 602/602 Twin Set

RCF EVOX 8 vs HK Lucas Nano 602/602 Twin Set

Hello from Italy!!

I'm coming back djing..and I'm buying a Pioneer XDJ-RX2 and an active speakers system..

My goal is to amuse myself to home and (maybe) play out in small and medium events (200/300 max)..

As in my thread title, I'm very unsure about these 2 systems..

..any detailed hint is well well welcome!!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Rokko; 09-21-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Generally, you should consider buying a system that is bigger than your current needs. You can always turn down the volume of a big system for smaller events. You can't exceed the specifications of a small system and expect it to perform well.

Though built well, the HK Lucas Nano is a much older unit and a different style of system than the RCF EVOX 8. It is a very compact system with high-quality components, BUT it will not generate as much SPL and definitely not as much bass as the RCF EVOX 8. After all, there is only a SINGLE 10" subwoofer for the HK Lucas Nano versus a 12" subwoofer for the RCF EVOX 8.

The HK Lucas Nano is more appropriate for wedding ceremonies, voice, and acoustic musicians who would use this as both a monitor and as a front-of-house speaker to play in small venues.

The RCF EVOX 8 is built with the mobile DJ in mind.
    Joe A Delfin (JamminDownJD)
    Entertainment Director, Ultra Events Production Group and ChicagoPremiereDJs
    Vice President, Chicagoland Chapter of the American Disc Jockey Association

Quote Originally Posted by JamminDownJD View Post
    Generally, you should consider buying a system that is bigger than your current needs. You can always turn down the volume of a big system for smaller events. You can't exceed the specifications of a small system and expect it to perform well.

Though built well, the HK Lucas Nano is a much older unit and a different style of system than the RCF EVOX 8. It is a very compact system with high-quality components, BUT it will not generate as much SPL and definitely not as much bass as the RCF EVOX 8. After all, there is only a SINGLE 10" subwoofer for the HK Lucas Nano versus a 12" subwoofer for the RCF EVOX 8.

The HK Lucas Nano is more appropriate for wedding ceremonies, voice, and acoustic musicians who would use this as both a monitor and as a front-of-house speaker to play in small venues.

The RCF EVOX 8 is built with the mobile DJ in mind.
    Thanks Jammin!!
    OK..got your hint!..me also pointed RCF..another question is:
    what about 2 RCF Evox 8 or 1 RCF Evox 12?

200-300ppl requires a proper PA system IMO, something that would be massive overkill for any kind of home use. So my suggestion is going to be to get something suitable for home use and maybe up to 50-75 person events and rent a bigger system if and when you need it.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    200-300ppl requires a proper PA system IMO, something that would be massive overkill for any kind of home use. So my suggestion is going to be to get something suitable for home use and maybe up to 50-75 person events and rent a bigger system if and when you need it.
    Thanks conanski..
    in home suited family I'd choosen HK Lucas Nano 602/602 twin..
    do you think it's ok?..have the chance to listen to is a true nightmare..shops are few and which ones still living don't hold any stock products..