Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does a beginner stop being a beginner

When does a beginner stop being a beginner

I got a PM asking when I beginner stops being a beginner? What do you think? What does a beginner need to know?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I think you stop being a beginner when you can record an hour set with no audible mistakes without using sync.

Others put the bar much lower.

When a beginner stops asking beginner questions, such as what do I buy, how do I use it, where do I get some music and what do I play, how do I record a set and upload that...

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    When a beginner stops asking beginner questions, such as what do I buy, how do I use it, where do I get some music and what do I play, how do I record a set and upload that...
    I agree.

When you start being invited in nightclub as a pro DJ. Before, if you don't make your living you're still a beginner. Sorry for that

This is simple... One stops been a beginner when they lead and others follow. Quite like what MANU said. When you learn how to understand the things you don't with out needing to ask so many questions. That's when you have a deep enough understanding of the subject to be no longer a beginner.

Unfortunately this has the problem of those who think they understand but don't, due to them no longer asking questions, they constantly jump to the wrong conclusions with no realisation of it! This has another misfortune of the blind leading the blind. Lucky forums being so wide spread means we get to step above the misunderstandings and misinformation, delve deeper!

Not true, technically amateur, once you're working as a DJ you're professional. Beginner -> Amateur -> Professional -> Carl Cox

Quote Originally Posted by ZachT2016 View Post
    Not true, technically amateur, once you're working as a DJ you're professional. Beginner -> Amateur -> Professional -> Carl Cox
    Not true. A professional can be a beginner. An amateur can also be a beginner. Many amateurs are better (or should I say, know more) than professionals, far from beginner standard.

Once one is a working as such they are indeed a professional but that has no reflection of how far they've progressed through the trait.

It's when you notice the paper that says "I'm an ass" the others put on your back on your first day.

"It's when you notice the paper that says "I'm an ass" the others put on your back on your first day." --> LMAO!!!