Thread: looking for new entry level reference monitors + review of new dissapointing.

Talking looking for new entry level reference monitors + review of new dissapointing.

hello, i was breaking my head looking for , buying and returning these "studio monitors": JBL LSR 308 and the Yamaha HS-7 back to store, the reason why:
    these were no reference monitors ar all!!!

the yamaha hs-7 lack on mid - high frequencies (means that you cant even hear some notes correctly when playing on a keyboard ,
    and when comparing with monitor headphones they sound the opposite which is the most critical if not disturbing issue like the frequency lacking

the JBL lsr 308 dont have any good mid - high frequency setup and too much on the bass, means that the drums and low synth and bass sounds project alot better then how the way they really are! and you cant hear melody and vocals right, the voice is barely recognizable\ noticable so for acapellas they are a really really bad idea.
    they are totally f***** up!,
    also sound the opposite from a different side, like you are listeing from the back instead of listening from the front,

very confusing all of this, i think that they made these monitors for disabled\ non-expert home studio music producers.
    i think that "if it sounds good on the monitor it will sound good on any speaker"

ROFV (Rolling on floor vo.....)

this doesnt make sense, its a complete joke. who ever makes this is a non responsible person and should be taken out.

we had the hs-50m's and hs-80m's reference* monitors,
    they were descent, not the best out there.. but they sound clean clean and nice, they gave a producer one of his basic tools. - depandable speakers which you didnt need to sort things out at first place, and you heard it nice.
    now 10 years later they being us this? these "monitors" are good only for fixing lines and mistakes which you could notice by by somewhat on reference monitors, nothing more, again, the jbls are f***** up, dont belive or try any of these, let yamaha correct this with new entry level reference monitors before i throw these back to the store throw the glass.
    if you want something to be.

so any suggestions on descent - reference monitors that wont break my heart?
    i knew about the "classic" rokit 5s, but iam not sure
    Last edited by Dj O.C; 10-17-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: fixer

Yes I purchased hs5 and I found exactly the same problem over or underestimating the lead sounds in the mix and also the high hats. But to be fair what do you expect for that amount of money I mean if you're buying an entry level hi-fi stereo what are you going to pay £400 for an amp and 5 or 600 quidd for a pair of speakers you spent £1,000 and you've got yourself a cheap stereo. Well compared to some people. For that amount of money you'd be looking at the classic genlec active monitors I've heard these speakers and they sound classy they're probably good enough to mix on.
    Last edited by setback; 11-11-2017 at 11:07 AM.

[QUOTE=setback;499556]Yes I purchased hs5 and I found exactly the same problem over or underestimating the lead sounds in the mix and also the high hats. But to be fair what do you expect for that amount of money I mean if you're buying an entry level hi-fi stereo what are you going to pay £400 for an amp and 5 or 600 quidd for a pair of speakers you spent £1,000 and you've got yourself a cheap stereo. Well compared to some people. For that amount of money you'd be looking at the classic genlec active monitors I've heard these speakers and they sound classy they're probably good enough to mix on.

KRK Rokit 6s. Best bang for the buck these days. I find them slightly bit biased towards highs, but the bass and mids are pretty flat. For the money they are great though.