Thread: DJ controller that doesnt make noise

DJ controller that doesnt make noise

Hi! I am new to this dj thing and all that stuff.I am going to buy a dj controller but I am going to mix and all that stuff in my room so my question is:Is there a dj controller that doesnt make sound at all? Ive been searching on the internet about dj controller for beginners and in the info section it is said built-in sound card ,does that mean that you need speakers and headphones or can you only use headphones to hear sound because I dont want to wake up my whole family haha?
    Last edited by Haggen; 09-09-2017 at 08:51 AM.

dj controllers control software.
    the software accesses Mp3s on your computer.
    the audio output comes from a soundcard (either built into the controller or an external little box).
    the audio output goes to an amplifier and the amplifier goes to the speakers (some speakers have little amplifiers built into them - "active speakers").
    You can listen to your mixing in headphones but really you need speakers to do mixing properly to any degree (you don't have to turn it up loud).

Expect to spend around 500$ to get a beginner setup.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

If you want to mix with just headphones, you could go with a DAW instead of a tradition DJ set up. (Controller, or a mixer & two playback devices.)
    Ableton Live is the most popular.

Why Use Ableton Live for DJing?
    8:43

That video is an ad for a DJ school, but you can find everything you need to know for free on YouTube.

There's also controllers you can use for Ableton Live.
    2016 Mini House Music DJ Set - Vanessa Rousso on Ableton Push 2
    11:38
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Thanks for the answers I think I go with buying speakers but thanks anyway for the videos that you linked, Can you guys recommend a good dj controller because I have find so many but dont know which one to buy?
    Last edited by Haggen; 09-09-2017 at 11:01 AM.

This might help you get an idea of what's out there: https://passionatedj.com/best-dj-controller-guide-2017/

Quote Originally Posted by Yellit View Post
    This might help you get an idea of what's out there: https://passionatedj.com/best-dj-controller-guide-2017/
    For everyone from 2019 to get an idea what's out there: https://wisepick.org/best-dj-controller/

Welcome to DJF, Haggen.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggen View Post
    Can you guys recommend a good dj controller because I have find so many but dont know which one to buy?
    Any one of them will work for you. Pick a software and then pick a controller that works with it.

Don't worry about longevity because you'll likely outgrow it in 6-9 months and buy another controller or setup. I say that because other controllers/setups will appeal to you once you know how to perform.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...