Hi, I bought a portable crossfader from a respected brand and only used it on one gig a week for a few weeks before it became too noisy to use. I then got them to send me another one and the same thing happened. It was only a few hours per week of not particularly heavy use for about 3 weeks on each crossfader and they were worn out.

I’m hoping that this isn’t just the nature of these portable crossfaders and that I can find one that is really sturdy and will last for a long time without becoming noisey.

Can people recommend a portable crossfader that will last for a long time without getting crackly?

The way I use my portable crossfader is I run a 3rd channel out of my Traktor interface through the portable crossfader into a third channel on the mixer. This means that in between mixing tracks I can practise techniques in my headphones. Particularly handy on my weekly 6 hr gig.

Do people have experience/opinions on the durability of the various portable crossfaders on the market?

Have people had similar experience with certain brands becoming noisey without being used all that much?

Thanks in advance for recommendations/reviews.