Thread: Master Gain Setting

Master Gain Setting

Hi All,
    Where for volume on the Master Gain knob, do you use on your controller and/or Dj software? Is it maxed out, 2pm(where the red starts) etc.?

Thanks

Usually around 12 o clock on mine, not maxed out as your pushing it too hard and distorting the sound etc...
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

I've found with that with a laptop/controller going into a mixer in a club, that the signal from the controller tends to be a bit weaker than the signal from CDJs or TTs. If using a laptop/controller, I think you need to be sure you've got all your level settings gain staged to the edge of clipping to be sure your final output signal is healthy, or your music will lose presence. I'll just mention here that the quality of your tracks will also make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterbeat View Post
    I've found with that with a laptop/controller going into a mixer in a club, that the signal from the controller tends to be a bit weaker than the signal from CDJs or TTs.
    Turn the input gain up on the mixer