Thread: Greetings from NYC & Chicago

Greetings from NYC & Chicago

My name is S TY MI E K but I 've had to change to a new psudonym, Tripmal Gruver, due to there being a number of individuals with the name as an artist around the world at large.
    In any case , I'm a producer DJ of Techno with a trippy twist due to being a longtime spinner of Classic Trance. (Eye Q, Jam & Spoon. Pablo Gargano)
    I grew up classically trained on the violin, spun on 12s for more than half my life now, minored in Sound Engineering in college & had the pleasure of pressing vinyl & releasing stuff on my own label.
    I cut my teeth spinning Italo Disco ( "China Town"- Cruising Gang, Ken Lazlo, Midnite Passion ) & the quality of the pressings back then & the stuff that was coming out of Chicago were unequaled seeing how most of the tracks were recorded on a half inch & straight to a Neumann.
    My gears of choice are Roland & Novation synths (although I have quite a bit more but a lot less than Junkie XL),
    KORG Triton, Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 Rev 3, Akai Mpc 2kXL, Access Virus C.
    Lexicon Fx, Maselac Parametric EQ
    Soft: Cubase 5, Pro Tools, Serum, Cakewalk Z3 TA, Massive, Absynth, Omnisphere, D16, Brainworx, Roger Nichols Uniquealizer, Wavelab, Soundforge, Catanya, Sontec 432 parametric EQ, Waves, Fab Filter
    Waves L2- I've tried others but the L2 simply is so effortless without artifacts; very clean limiter.

To this day out of all my synths, I still struggle programming the 303 despite having it for 19 years & coming up with some catchy blues based riffs & mindbending acid licks. Most of the time, they're happy accidents by inserting in dying batteries. That's the secret.

Which ones do I use? all of them. Noodle here print to MIDI there, lay down a riff on the MPC , quantize and remit to Cubase and substituting with Serum etc
    What I'm thinking about lately:
    My ongoing research and debate on properly summing your mixes without losing a minimum of dual generation losses.

Recently, I've moved back to Chicago & developed a Mastering company, Labworx & a made to order Digital Audio Workstation PC outfit.

I'm an avid fan of the Grateful Dead which I find their Live music to be soul enriching & healing.
    Recommend: "Franklin's Tower" Madison Square Garden fall Tour 1993 as played by Jerry on his "Lightning Bolt" custom guitar. "Roll away the dew." Choon indeed!
    https://archive.org/details/gd93-09-...565.sbeok.shnf

I'm here to be a good steward of djForums; engage, observe, contribute, help foster communication & provide unconditional support to this community; be about we as opposed to me, myself & I.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by S T Y M IE K; 08-22-2017 at 12:11 AM. Reason: ____when do i not edit

Hi S T Y M IE K , welcome to the forums and great introduction
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

~Welcome to DJF you'll find several fellow New Yorker's on here...with your production background,you'll be a great help,in our production section.

Thanks for responding Andy- Greets.
    Kind Regards