Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rane Twelve debut!!!

Reminds me of the EKS Otus.
    Only with less functionality for a more expensive price.
    And 8 years late.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I had to google that and it sounds very impressive for it's time but my god it's still expensive for disconnitued produce:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/eks-o...-dj/389512-01/
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    I had to google that and it sounds very impressive for it's time but my god it's still expensive for disconnitued produce:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/eks-o...-dj/389512-01/
    not really in the same league as the Rane, but the concept is pretty similar. That Otus thing was the very first I saw that really tried to emulate a separate controller like a turntable...it never caught on. The Rane has a big motorised platter, I guess that makes all the difference.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I've just lost the last 90 mins on youtube, what started off as just looking at a video of the opus has just led onto a drum n bass mix and then beadyman then dj fails and then a DJ entry onto Belgiums got talent, all while the house is no more tidy that it was before...so thanks for that haha

Going back on topic for this though, I had always expected denon to be the first controller maker to do a full size spinning platter, and i agree that Rane are making this move far too late. If they had done this 8 years ago I'd expected them to be a huge success, I just don't see it happening now.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    Going back on topic for this though, I had always expected denon to be the first controller maker to do a full size spinning platter, and i agree that Rane are making this move far too late. If they had done this 8 years ago I'd expected them to be a huge success, I just don't see it happening now.
    Well, they did a 9" one and it's still a pretty good controller/standalone player. Main drawback was the lack of Serato HID support for it (and Traktor HID for non-spinning platter version) and small screen. Denon tried to counter that with Hybrid Midi mode on them but it's a little more complicated setup that requires DVS+midi connection. DJ's have gotten lazy and want everything to be plug n play nowdays...

Also, Rane said that the Twelve contains "patented motor tehnology from the inMusic group". Meaning Denon.

I ordered a Rane Twelve yesterday. Very excited to give it a test. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Anyone else here planning on buy a Rane Twelve or Seventy Two mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by VJ LouNYC View Post
    I ordered a Rane Twelve yesterday. Very excited to give it a test. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Anyone else here planning on buy a Rane Twelve or Seventy Two mixer?

I am! I'm just waiting on some more feedback for the 12's. Besides the place I do business with won't have them available until June!

Feedback? There is a ton of feedback already. There is great forum on Facebook with videos and reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ LouNYC View Post
    So freaking cool.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...