Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Ideas For DJF #2

The Official Ideas For DJF #2

When KLH & I took over the site, we had asked for your thoughts on what needed to be added, removed, changed etc for the betterment of DJF & its members. In general, what can we do for you?

We took a LOT of those ideas & discussed them, (actually discussed the all) & addressed the issues we thought would benefit DJF as a whole. Some we didnt think would work but implemented anyway because you asked.

So, here we are about a year & a half into our admin positions & I wanted to start from where we are today. You have experienced the changes for this long. What'cha think? Do, undo, redo? Ideas & thoughts go here in this thread.

Lets hear your thoughts. What do you think needs to be added, deleted, changed, upgraded, downgraded, etc. Good, bad or indifferent. Give me something to work on here.

Just FYI, if we dont get a hit on this thread every day, I'm gonna bump it so it is guaranteed to stay in the mix until I know everyone has has seen it, thought about it, revisited it & commented on something.
    Every day... bump... until its discussed out.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Bump for suggestions. Please feel free to let us know whats on your mind for DJF.

Have you ever thought of adding a IRC channel for DJF? Its good for quick communication and if someone needs help they can be dealt with fast instead of making a thread and waiting.
    Check out my Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/user-478802787)

We will discuss this at our meeting this week.

I know we cant be making everyone THIS happy... some of you guys must have something that you'd like to see improved, added, deleted or changed ?!?!?!?

Isn't this forum way too inactive for a chat feature?
    The only benefit I can see of having such a feature on a forum this slow, is to trade (pirate) stuff one on one.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

This is something I tried to turn around some years ago.

If we are 100% honest, what can we say that DJForums offers the dj/production/music communities? What content do we have? How are we benefiting anyone?

One thing I have always said is that if everyone is fine letting this place be what it is in its current state, then ok great. But if you want to be on level ground with the rest of the online communities, you had better be thinking big picture like I had in the past.

Aside from stricter rules being enforced, i haven't seen anything change here. I could be wrong though, I don't visit the site like I used to to notice any small changes.

why not a color revamp? At least then it can feel like things are happening.

With Soundcloud seemingly on its last leg, Mixcloud will probably get a boot of new account from DJs. You should look for all MC plugins that can be integrated to this site.

Maybe a new range of smileys/emoticons? We have a few that are relevant to use but most aren't... Just an idea.

More content, more participation, new blood etc...

Honestly its time DJF had a HUGE revamping on all fronts.