Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Ideas For DJF #2

Im talking like, coming up with new content including regular segments that are kept current, reviews, new features, more involvement in dj communities etc. like street teams all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hausgeist View Post
    Post pics of your setup. 2.0 part 1
    OK this thread is over five years old & has over three thousand posts.
    Isn't it about time for a "part 2", or to drop the "part 1" from the title?
    Last edited by Manu; 09-11-2017 at 07:05 AM. Reason: wrong section - post moved
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Will MaXimal View Post
    More content, more participation, new blood etc... Im talking like, coming up with new content including regular segments that are kept current, reviews, ...
    I'd second this. I did a google search for 'dj forums' and although this site was 1st, it links to a home page that has articles from 2014. It may be a headache to keep original articles current, linking from around the web may solve and help build a network. If no current articles/news, then remake the landing page to look inviting.
    Last edited by Dizzle; 09-19-2017 at 08:23 PM.

DJF Q&A?

DOA has pretty good Q&A threads from big names in the scene.. it could be due to the fact that some of them frequent the forum.

EDIT : and a fist pump emoticon

IMHO you need more admins. The DJF I knew since I've frequented since 2002 had the original group of admins that were originally subaru heads from another forum that DJ'ed also and were looking for a place to converge and ended up setting up their own forum. The slow demise and things getting stagnant is the lack of chiefs. By the time the forum was rebuilt in 2012 there was just Stripe and J left out of an original crew of about 10, and he had to rebuild and skin the forum by himself, where originally the design was delegated to one admin that specialized in the trade.

Between the two of the admins at the moment there has been too much bitten off to chew and nothing will change unless more hands are brought on.
    “When art critics get together they talk about Form and Structure and Meaning. When artists get together they talk about where you can buy cheap turpentine.” - Pablo Picasso

We're always up for suggestions......... hence the reasoning for this thread.

If you have idea's or suggestions that will improve DJF we are always open to hear them.

Just FYI, there are five (5) admins. I don't think there's anything that can be suggested that one or more of us cant get done.... if we feel its in the best interest of the forum. No offence intended. Just giving you the facts & FYI.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

All good. Just a thought while I'm sinking a few.

I would have given an arm back in the day to be part of the running and responsibility of DJF, but like many of the current Admins I don't have the time anymore. I'm sure there's still younger members with a lot of disposable income and time that could pitch in, but would need the status that goes with it. I would have loved to back when I could have, but I knew that none of the admins would ever dream of entertaining a reprobate like myself coming on board. But looking around I see a few heads still here that would suit.

Again, no offense intended. Just an opinion.
    “When art critics get together they talk about Form and Structure and Meaning. When artists get together they talk about where you can buy cheap turpentine.” - Pablo Picasso