Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rane Seventy Two Mixer

I can't bring myself to be excited. I am certainly not willing to drop $1,800 on the hope this thing isn't built with the same terrible quality as a Numark device. Plus, I believe sticker sync on SDJ is still spotty.

Maybe in a year or so, after some people have had the time to give them some abuse, will I be willing to shell out some money. Until then I turn back to my trusty 57sl/dicers and/or 56s/sl3/dicers setups with working sticker sync on SSL.

This is from an online retail shop who received this information from Rane.

From the DJ Hookup*

Just got off the phone with our friends at Rane/InMusic.

Here is what we learned about the Seventy-Two and the return of Rane.

- Seventy-Two has 3 re-engineered faders, with magnetic (not mechanical) tension adjustment and better durability than previous generations.
    - We've confirmed that the screen will indeed be a touch screen, though likely with more functionality than pure FX control (couldn't get further clarification).
    - The base price will be $1,899 (as always, ask us for a hookup via chat/email, because that's what we do) and ETA is roughly Q4.
    - In addition to this mixer, Rane will be bringing back the SL4, a limited edition MP2015 AND another major release, which we couldn't get further clarification on at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ LouNYC View Post
    This is from an online retail shop who received this information from Rane.

From the DJ Hookup*
    - In addition to this mixer, Rane will be bringing back the SL4, a limited edition MP2015 AND another major release, which we couldn't get further clarification on at this point.
    Okay.the DJ Expo,has come and gone...other than the Rane 72,and the TWELVE Battle Controller..no mention of any new, or limited MP2105 at the DJ Expo (or their website)...I'm in the market for one (MP2015),but would hate to get one right now,if something newer/better is going to be released.

Anyone here ordering the Rane Seventy Two. Looks great.

Honestly, I've been out of the DJ game forever but that looks like Pioneer and A&H vomited on a rane mixer.
    This is my signature.

I think it will some time to get use to but the features are game changing. Obviously not for everyone.

Rane Seventy Two added to the home studio.