Thread: Is there a cheaper mic I could use for ' Those monsters'

Is there a cheaper mic I could use for ' Those monsters'

We hire out out Shure PG58 wired Mics for $20AUD i think they re a great all round wired MIC especially for hire mostly touring musos and fellow djs that are travelling this way hire the gear and respect it.
    BUT THEN
    we get a gig like last night needing PA lights and X2 mics so they can do karaoke from their tablet or phone.
    So lighting rigs are built well never worry about them the QSC K series are perfect for the hire they can still have RCA input and still have two mics running so all in all happy there
    last night i had to open up a brand new Share mic from the box for the hire as I had some gear out.
    Turn up this morning and even after expressing NO MIC DROPS the head shell looks more like an egg than the shape of a golf ball.
    For these jobs is their a Cheaper wired mic I could be offering? Still want something that is reasonable and sounds good but if it gets trashed after a few uses its not such a heartbreaking thing to replace.
    Iam sure I can just replace the head-shell and the mic is working perfectly but it is an image thing in the hire industry we like to keep it all looking as new.
    All advice welcome
    OP

You definitely do not need to be using Shure mics for karaoke

These mics sound perfectly fine, and no one would ever be able to tell the difference for what you're using them for.
    http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/048892-Samson-R21

You get 3 PLUS a case, all for less than the price of a single Shure mic.

THATS the ones. Thankyou so much for that really appreciate it!
    OP

Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

Just include a $300 mic drop fee in the contract.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    You definitely do not need to be using Shure mics for karaoke

These mics sound perfectly fine, and no one would ever be able to tell the difference for what you're using them for.
    http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/048892-Samson-R21

You get 3 PLUS a case, all for less than the price of a single Shure mic.

I have used the Behringer Ultravoice XM1800S 3 pack of mics before and haven't had any problems. They even sound pretty decent.

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XM1...ger+microphone