Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best cheap speakers

With BILLESCquire on this one.
    I would not be caught using Behrinnger but from what I have seen of these things in action especially if I was hiring them out knowing they will get a hard and maybe trashed life these really do deliver anything cheaper is Truly a load of junk Behringer atlas does have an American and a reputation and the gear is not as bad as many on here will and I DO MAKE IT OUT TO BE. If you are on a budget and want to go new this is about the only REALISTIC option.
    For me I would be saving the jingle a little longer for some EV QSC or something a notch up and to be fair Iam sure in the time since this post when up you probably managed to squander an extra $100 away.
    OP

Be Excellent to each other
    Party On Dudes!

Got a car? If you're willing to drive 90 minutes to get em, here's some speakers that definitely meet your requirements:

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...227950874.html

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    Got a car? If you're willing to drive 90 minutes to get em, here's some speakers that definitely meet your requirements:

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...227950874.html
    Are those RCF 705-AS to the right?
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by admiralackbar View Post
    im pretty sure youre paying for sound quality on the more expensive lines and not necessarily durability... but correct me if im wrong...
    Yeah.. you are wrong. To get bare drivers that will withstand high levels of abuse costs more than your budget, then you need an amplifier module that can do the same, then you need a sturdy enclosure that will go the distance being thrown/dropped/dragged everywhere, and then you have to pay engineers to produce some DSP settings that will protect the amp and drivers from DJ Redline. All that cost money.

i want something that is truly built correctly not half assed... but still cheap due to sacrificing SOUND QUALITY to where its just ok and acceptable...
    Doesn't exist.. manufacturers wouldn't waste their time. If you want cheap you get cheap everything.. cheap sound, cheap reliablity, cheap performance.

im pretty convinced that massive increases in price only account for miniscule and diminishing improvements in sound quality anyway...
    That is true IMO... but only once you eclipse the $1000/box level.

I think the others are steering you in the right direction, look for some used better quality speakers... maybe some old EV SX series. They are ugly and heavy compared to everything new and will likely have extreme road rash but are very durable and get quite loud.
    Last edited by conanski; 07-23-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Are those RCF 705-AS to the right?
    Hopefully for the sake of the owner.. but those handles look like SWA1501's too.

I second (or third) the Behringer recommendation. When I started out I owned a pair of Behringer 112s and they worked really well. I no longer use Behringer btw because I use EV, QSC, and Yamaha speakers. But I know other DJs who use and (have used for a long time) Behringer and they are happy with it. The gear snob in me might chuckle at their standards but that's besides the point If you're on a budget and you want good/new speakers then consider Behringer.