Thread: Nimbus makes floor slippery

Nimbus makes floor slippery

I just got a Chauvet Nimbus the other day. I have done two tests so far in a house with hard wood floors. Both tests created a slick layer of moisture on the floor. Is this due to the enclosed nature of the kitchen I tested this in? Has anyone else experienced the Nimbus creating slippery floors? My biggest nightmare would be to use this and have a bride and groom slip during their first dance.

What sort of temperature was the kitchen when you tested it? I'm just wondering if it's cold in there would it affect the moisture.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Reminds me of a night I had in Turkey. It was the end of the season so I think the club used up any left over foam they had. The dancefloor had a good 4-5ft of foam.
    Being drunk on cheap holiday beer I jumped down off the stage like a rock star. Floor was like a slip-n-slide.
    I spent the next 4 minutes writhing in agony on the floor wondering if I would die from foam inhalation.
    Not my best moment.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I have no experience with the Nimbus, but in my experience all fog machines leave a bit of residue that can be slippery. Some machines are worse than others.

How hot did you get the water? Also, how fast did you lower the dry ice?
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

What's the humidity like where you live?