Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best cheap speakers

best cheap speakers

is there such a thing as CHEAP DJ speakers designed to be BUILT LIKE A TANK and designed to be super LOUD and are known for never breaking down and to be very servicable or repairable... with just very BASIC OK sound quality... again im wondering if there is such a thing as cheap speakers with ironclad BUILD QUALITY, designed to go LOUD and just have OK CLARITY AND FIDELITY... very basic "good enough" sound quality not necessarily audiophile level quality, just something that is truly well made and very durable, long lasting, servicable...and still cheap... im pretty sure youre paying for sound quality on the more expensive lines and not necessarily durability... but correct me if im wrong... i want something that is truly built correctly not half assed... but still cheap due to sacrificing SOUND QUALITY to where its just ok and acceptable... im pretty convinced that massive increases in price only account for miniscule and diminishing improvements in sound quality anyway...

if im wrong and the super expensive brands and product lines are so expensive due to sound quality AS WELL AS build quality... please school me on cheaper brands that still maintain some of this good build quality

for example ive heard behrigner eurolives can "die on you any time"... i want something with solid solder connections, readily available replacement parts for tweeters, horns etc... decentncase, but OK DECENT sound quality...

think of it like using those 2006 480p digital cameras after 720-1080p hd tvs came out in 2007-8... people bitch and complain BUT YOU CAN STILL SEE CLEARLY WHAT IS HAPPENING ON SCREEN... HOWEVER... the 1990s seinfeld sitcom grainy film cameras.. or like the grainy security camera shot of a criminal on the news.. THATS TAKING IT TOO FAR AND I DONT WANT THAT BAD QUALITY... i just want ok quality where you can make out the song just fine and any improvements in quality range from unnecessary to marginal to non noticable to impress audio snobs

Yamaha Club series speakers are pretty cheap, fairly loud, sound good, and they are durable.
    But they require an amplifier & they are heavy.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    Yamaha Club series speakers are pretty cheap, fairly loud, sound good, and they are durable.
    But they require an amplifier & they are heavy.
    i probably should have clarified im only only looking for active speakers

Cheap is cheap. Where it comes to cutting corners durability is the first corner to be cut, in everything from the cabinet material to the drivers to the hardware, and in the case of self-powered, the amp.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    Cheap is cheap. Where it comes to cutting corners durability is the first corner to be cut, in everything from the cabinet material to the drivers to the hardware, and in the case of self-powered, the amp.
    wow i might have to build one (wink wink)...

honestly, i still cant figure out what the line of basic full range 2 way active speakers on your site is... the names are too confusing... what plans do i get for this... what would that be? every time ive asked forums this they point me to one of your sub woofers or something... and im like do you speak english... FULL RANGE... mackie thumps style (bad example but looking for that same TYPE of speaker on your site... months later i still no idea) do you even sell these type of plans? just name the model and im buying the plans...

i would greatly appreciate if you could point me in the right direction as it doesnt seem fair to be held up for months over something as simple as "what is your basic entry level full range line"...

hangups should be money issues or ordering parts and finding out you need to wait for one more part in the mail to finish... months long delays and hangups should not be because google and the your website has no information until you just give up...
    Last edited by admiralackbar; 07-22-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Loud best cheap
    Err, pick one. The other option is to look at the second hand market, or ebay... Mackie is kind of ok, but from experience, reliability can be hit or miss.

Could you specify what your budget is please?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Err, pick one. The other option is to look at the second hand market, or ebay... Mackie is kind of ok, but from experience, reliability can be hit or miss.

Could you specify what your budget is please?
    my budget is anywhere from 200 - 500 for the pair... hence cheap... im fine with second hand im a letgo/ craigslist/ ebay wiz

like i said mackies for sound quality but that are just going to die on me are the perfect example of what i DONT want... im interested in EVs and at this point im considering just getting ANYTHING just to start gigging and making money... i want something durable and borderline open source

Quote Originally Posted by admiralackbar View Post
    i still cant figure out what the line of basic full range 2 way active speakers on your site is...
    We don't do active.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    We don't do active.
    well that explains at a lot

Behringer B112D are 12" 2-way active speakers. $ 249 each delivered to your door.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]