Thread: Help please on what to do

Help please on what to do

Hello everyone,

I have never used decks in my life, A while ago i purchased a set of decks in good shape only problem is they are belt driven and i know its going to take time before i can beatmatch or anything like that. Any help is appreciated could anybody give me some advice on what software to use for recording my mixes and stuff like that. Any tips about how to mix and stuff would be appreciated as well.. Thank you all for your time.

Belt drive turntables aren't the best, but a lot of people started with them. Beat matching requires a pitch fader.As long as they have that, you're fine.

Free recording software;
    http://www.audacityteam.org

Thee area lot of videos on YouTube that can teach you about beat matching & DJing techniques.

5:34

9:55
    Last edited by Windows 95; 07-17-2017 at 12:01 AM.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

I learned on belt drives, Soundloab DLP1600's with 2 pitch controls, on for 33 and another for 45, they were awful but because I learned on them I could play on anything after that
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

I'm sure quite a few people started on belt drive turntables. Before I could afford Technics I had a Gemini & a Sony. That's what I learned on and they didn't have pitch sliders, the had rotary controls instead. You should be okay but save up for some decent direct drive turntables which will make things a bit better for you. Check out youtube for videos, the internet and these forums are your best friends.

I learned on belt drives aswell . The brand name was omnitronic
    They were pretty good for belt drives actually . You just had to be aware of how they behave
    Like every time you nudged the record it would take a certain amount of time for the turntable to return to its normal speed
    Every type of belt drive decks have different "special features" like that and if you are able to work around it you will be fine and better for it in the long run
    You will certainly appreciate the technics or whatever direct drive decks the day you get them
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 07-20-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Cheap belt drives back in the day had a huge advantage over cheap direct drives. There was more resistance in the actual belt than the motor of the direct drive. if you pushed the platter on a cheap direct drive it would fly away, extremely sensitive too touch. Unlike the 1210 what needs a good shove.

We learned on tech'not'nics. 2 different home made turntables. 2 Turntables off old hifi's. The variable resistor inside for a technician to set the correct rotation speed was ripped out, wires extended, put on the top as a make shift pitch knob.

Quote Originally Posted by and1 View Post
    Any help is appreciated could anybody give me some advice on what software to use for recording my mixes and stuff like that. Any tips about how to mix and stuff would be appreciated as well.. Thank you all for your time.
    If you want to record with your compter you could try a free audio program called Audacity. Mind though that you would also need a USB interface that allows you to record a line input into your computer. because computers generally only have a mic in, and that wont do it.

I as well learned on belts & here's the pecular thing; It makes you a better DJ technically.
    You really have to use your noodle to get the pitch just right;your ears become better tuned to speed variable pitch so when you come to the day when you're spinning at a club with low monitors youre better to adapt in getting the beatmatching correctly because youve paid your dues.
    SYNC button makes you a less creative DJ.I really think so.

Thank you it can help me as a beginner to start DJing, unfortunately i'm not an english native, simply quite fluent, but i don't catch all your meanings... bad for me