Thread: Any DJ-related product designers out there?

Any DJ-related product designers out there?

I'm trying to see if I can network myself a bit in this small niche. This last December I finished a BS degree in Industrial Design (Product Design).
    I'm wondering if any other DJFers are doing product design at any DJ companies? (Traktor, Numark, Pioneer, etc.) Last summer I interned at a smaller DJ company and the product I worked on should be announced shortly, but I'm looking elsewhere for a design gig and would love to still stay in the "DJ World."

where is Pittsy?
    A dyslexic man walks into a bra.... #highwattageproductions
    https://www.facebook.com/highwattageproductions Become a fan :-)

nem0nic works for Behringer

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    nem0nic works for Behringer
    that word should be banned xD and yes wheres pittsy??
    MANU- Rule of thumb: can't get the eggs out of a pancake
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | EPK | Music Photographer! Portfolio | Photography Fanpage

Quote Originally Posted by DjBlanco View Post
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...ger-CMD-Series

looks hot.... but no guarantee it wont catch on fire just like one of their mixers when i was a rep for Sam Ash
    MANU- Rule of thumb: can't get the eggs out of a pancake
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | EPK | Music Photographer! Portfolio | Photography Fanpage

Quote Originally Posted by DjBlanco View Post
    looks hot.... but no guarantee it wont catch on fire just like one of their mixers when i was a rep for Sam Ash
    I will be honest that when i first heard about Behringer i thought that it was just another company marketing lower quality products to people on a budget. But my first big PA system was powered by their amps which were great. I bought one of the BCR's and it had a great build quality.

I think that Behringer is severly underrated... And living proof that people associate and miss label products because of the name of the company that makes them.
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

I agree, behringer used to make total crap. But it filled a greatly underserved niche.

Now they make better products. I still stand by the B2031 speakers and love all the MIDI gear I have ever had from them.

And I am a total gear snob.

I'll see your ban and raise you a comprehensive line of modular controllers. And a kick-ass set of affordable headphones that don't look like they belong on the set of "Breakin 2, Electric Boogaloo".