Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enough power/electricity to run it all efficiently?

Thanks for all your help in this. I agree that it is not perfect scenario but it does ease my mind a little that I may have a little head room. I always had the fear that I was just about ready to pop a circuit breaker and was a nervous wreck! I always try to stay on 2 circuits if possible but that is not always feasible plus I never know what else is on the line.

The killowatt tool did jump up and down consistently and the numbers I posted were the max I saw it hit (typically when low bass would hit). All the speakers have class D amps built in so I guess they were really doing their job. As far as volume, the subs were maxed because they would hit limiters on bass hits so I would not go any higher with them. The tops may have gone a bit louder as they were not limiting at all but my ears could not take anymore With it maxing around 7amps on the read out and it being a 30 amp breaker, I would have enough room to go up some more if needed. Again, I KNEW there was nothing else on this circuit which is not always the case at a venue.

At lease I know somewhat have an idea and can go from there and keep learning. I ordered a tool that allows you to check what outlets are on what circuits so that should be a help as well.

thank you

Hi! It is normal to connect several devices to the same outlet if these devices do not use a large amount of electricity simultaneously

Otherwise, there is a risk of fires and explosions. For example, if I connect several LEDs with www.vont.com, I won't have any problems with one outlet or one electrical wire. Still, if you connect powerful professional equipment, you need several outlets for the safety of your equipment and the people you work for.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    There are tools you can buy where there's a piece you plug into the outlet and then a wand you bring near the breaker and it'll beep when you've found the right one. So you can verify what.breakers you're using.
    Good advice. Another very important tool to have in the road kit is a non-contact voltage detector. This will tell you if an outlet is mis-wired relative to having voltage on the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/GREENLEE-Dual...19212103&psc=1

Never trust power in any venue or power system.