Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Hello to all of you, my friends

As I am going to buy my first setup I'd like to make possible best decisions and to do that I definitely need your help and experience.
    Firstly I was wondering about just some USB controller (Denon MC4000 was my front-runner, as it has filters knobs on the board, professional XLR outputs and all of this for really attractive price). But my disturb was that controller would limit me to playing just digital files (.mp3, .wav, etc.) Unfortunately in my country we have quite problematic law concerning DJs and it is impossible to find LEGAL digital versions of all the songs I'd like to play in my sets. As I'm intent on playing legal music I decided to find some stuff that will make me possible playing also CDs and .mp3s via pendrives or through any laptop software (e.g. Serato). I'm thinking of buying Numark Mixdeck Express. What do you think about it? Are the CUE and PLAY buttons comfortable in use? And as I see there are not any fx knobs and cotrollers on the board... Is there any possible to use effects via the software? Please, give me some advice
    Last edited by jasioff; 05-24-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Hello !

I have Numark N4, it's great, cause You can play on 4 decks on Serato and extend it by Ableton Link (to play live - what I'm entering right now). You can also connect two other sound sources (any by unbalanced input). For this price it's preety good bunch of hardware.

Best regards,

Tomek

Thanks for Your reply. It really looks like nice one. However, I can't play CDs unless I'll buy external players, which means another costs. I don't really need to have 4 decks control right now. Two will be good enogh for me
    Still waiting for any experiances and opinions about Numark Mixdeck Express.

Anyone, anything...?

I started with a Numark Mix Deck Quad. It's a good, solid unit. Runs off Serato (or other DJ software if you can figure out how to map it), USB flash drives, or CD's. Plus, since it's 4 channels, you can add external CDJ's or turntables if needed. This might be a good choice, although maybe a little more expensive than the Mixdeck Express. Here's the rub tho - they don't make them anymore, but you can find them used for $500-600.

I'm curious tho - why can't you can buy and use tunes off Beatport or iTunes in your country?

Edit: I just looked up the Express and noticed it's a 3 channel. YOu might be good with that vs. the Quad if you're ok with 1 extra channel vs. 2
    Last edited by Achmiel; 05-25-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Thx for reply. Mixdeck express is really enough for me as I'm beggining my adventure with djing. Just wanted to know if it's possible to use some effects with this console.

And about getting music in Poland. Beatport is of course a possibility but as a mobile dj I have to play some regional sort of dance and disco music which there is not at beatport. And iTunes or Google Music, unfortunately public playing songs bought there is illigal, at least here in my country. As well as ripping the CDs :/

Hello, Im from Poland too. Please dont sell [......]. In Poland just like every everywhere else in the world - we buy music from Beatport, bandcamp and Soundcloud, also iTunes of course. And public playing songs is LEGAL when the owner of the club pays for it and you as a DJ have a special licence which also requires paying but once in few years. If the music you play is not on Beatport, there are many other possibilities to get it. Im sorry!
    Last edited by Manu; 03-07-2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: swearing removed

yep, I was going to say Bandcamp, and also Juno download

Thread is from 2017

Closed
    Last edited by Manu; 03-07-2019 at 01:59 PM.