Thread: hello. Kelli here. hew to the forum and semi new to the dj world but not live sound

hello. Kelli here. hew to the forum and semi new to the dj world but not live sound

hello im kelli, i am new to this forum and semi new to djing. i am however not new to live sound. ive been doing live sound stuff since i was 14 years old. i am now 23 and will be 24 on Oct. 3rd of this year. i started djing about 2.5 - 3 years ago ( closer to 3 ). i started out with my first laptop ever that i had and a big pair of PC speakers i then moved up to buying a small 5 channel powered mixer that i still have and use today that is only 80 watts @ 8 ohms. my first speakers where a pair of 100 watt tall stand up indoor stereo speakers. about 2 years ago for a late high school graduation present, my mom and her best friend got me a pair of my first real speakers the are still in use today also. i use them with my 80 watt mixer. they are the brand Kustom and are 120 watts @ 8 ohms and 150 watts rms peak and are 12 inch in size. for my small set up i have a pair of community branded speakers that are 15 inch 200 watts @250 rms peak and @ 4/8 ohms. these speakers i got used from a cousin of mine who got them used from a church that had upgraded their portable system, so they have been beat up. i had to fix the one output/input plugs on the one witch you'll see in the pics ill post to this thread. and that one that i fixed i'd made a homemade cable that goes from bare wire to 1/4 inch jack made with 14 awg multi use speaker cable. i now also have a almost full sound system i built from pieces meaning different pieces of equipment over the past few years also. ill do a spreate post of that in another thread later on. what got me into doing sound was i was always fascinated with control knobs and always loved music from when i was little. so now since i was 16 ive been doing the sound at my church and still do to this day. and this day in time im the head sound tech on a team of 3 people plus me, so 4 people. and when my love for music grew at the church, i then looked into djing. so i did some research and i used what i got. at the time i had about $30 to spare, about 10 or so CD's, a pair of large surround sound PC speakers and laptop. it has all grown from there. the $30 i spent on buying mp3 song files. and thats how my library has started. i now have about 4900 songs. i use virtual DJ 7 or 8 ill have to check on that. lol. i am subscribed to virtual dj's unlimited audio services. i think they now call it the DJ pool or soothing like that. i am glad i found this forum so i can learn and share my little tips here and there that you might already know or not know. so if you have any questions please feel free to ask away. thanks and have a nice day.

Last edited by djkellirhartman; 05-21-2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: forgot to add video
    Kelli R. Hartman
    dj= facebook.com/HatsgoodsDjEntertainmet
    sound= facebook.com/Kellssoundservices

Hi Kelli, welcome to the forums. Great intro!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Welcome to DJF!

This is one of the best intros I've read so far! I'm very excited to see how your journey develops over time. I have a feeling that in one year your setup will not resemble anything like it does now...

Enjoy!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...