Hello djforums!

My name is Richard though I am 90% sure my stage name will be Ammortal Jazz! But let this post show I call dibs on Ammortal Jazz. It would be pretty embarrassing if it changes but I digress.

Answering the default questions...

Where are you based? - I am located in Pensacola, FL
How old you are? - 23
What do you do for a living? - I have been in the service industry for nearly six years.
Have you had any experience in DJing or are you just getting started? - I messed around with virtual dj YEARS ago for maybe an hour... I was raised on music however. I started playing drums when I was around 3-5 years old. Followed that path through grade school playing drums in the jazz band and eventually the drumline of my high school. This experience really trained my early to hear where beats are off and how to quickly resolve the issue.
TL;DR No DJ experience but extensive music experience.
Who has influenced you musically? - How much time do you have? This is an extremely difficult question to respond in a short answer. I pretty much get inspiration from everything that I hear (popular music to the birds chirping in the morning). No group of artists directly inspired me. I loved everything for what it was.
What are your other interests? - Oh lord..... Quickly: Flying airplanes, shooting on a competitive level, being on the water(fishing/water sports), being in the woods(hunting,riding dirt bikes, camping, anything), music.
Where are you favorite places to go? - Anywhere with a good view and great food!
Have you got a super power? - Is this really a default question? I have the ability to make peoples hips sway...

Now for the deep dirt:
I LOVE music. My first album was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon. My dad has been a lifelong musician/recording artist. So basically music is in my blood. One thing that I really think benefits me is the ability to appreciate ALL music and mix genres that the average person would never think of.

My goal with all of this:
Make a living off playing music (obviously)
Compose/Produce music
Obtain a residency locally
Open a building in my area for groups to come practice and record
Help other musicians progress through their goals
Make ONE BILLION DOLLARS (not really a goal... But that would be sweet.. RIGHT?)

Anyways... I'm super stoked on what I'm working on and really look forward to conversing with like minded people.