Thread: can you recommend VST plugin to change adult voice into child, male to female etc ?

can you recommend VST plugin to change adult voice into child, male to female etc ?

hi guys, im reaching out to my DJ / producer friends here to help me with something which is not directly related to DJing

im editing a short film and needed to change the voice of an adult to sound like a child
    I use Cubase to edit the sound

i used to have several cool VST plugin that did that over the years, "rovee" for example, and a few others i cannot remember the name of ,but im out of the music production loop at the moment, and just realised that the most recent edition of cubase rejects anything that isnt 64 bit so none of those old plugins like "rovee" work anymore.

do you have any suggestions?
    im talking about a plugin that enables you to change the formant aswell as the pitch of a voice, which can enable you to make a mans voice sound like a woman, or an adult like a child ,etc... sometimes it does a robot voice too

when the final film is done ill post a link so you can see what i was talking about.

EDIT: ok i found one, its called 'alter boy'

thanks
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 08-29-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Little alterboy. sound a bit dodgy innit. My Google hit is formant shifting this is the technical term for the effect you are describing it affects the upper frequency of the sound and shifts them independently of the main pitch. I'm pretty sure I've heard this effect some people think it's just changing the pitch on a sample but I reckon this is what they're actually up to on POP records but unfortunately by the time it got around to replying to your post the effect with out-of-date unlucky

Well I'm listening to the radio and they selected Martin Solveig and he uses cut-out vocal sounds but not with very much formant shifting however the details said that's one of his tunes of the year so it might not be completely up to date I would have guessed as a DJ you'd know what was going on personally I feel the time for these sort of techniques is well on the fucking nigh.