View Poll Results: Who Wins... Track 1 or Track 2?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Track 1

1 50.00%
  • Track 2

1 50.00%

Thread: Time for Techno! Round II Rek_Aviles -vs- WestonParish

Time for Techno! Round II Rek_Aviles -vs- WestonParish

It's anothah contendah! It's gonna be epic! It's ROUND II of TIME FOR TECHNO!!!

Rules:
    * Techno
    * 30 - 35 mins
    * 130bpm (-ish)

It's Rek_Aviles versus WestonParish!

Track 1

Track 2

Good luck!!!

Voters, remember to vote and post comments and feedback!

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks for posting so quickly

Hopefully seeing my name on another battle won't deter ppl from voting.

I'm looking forward to listening to these, but not tonight I'm just shattered from work and I don't think techno will help me chill out
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

I'm gonna have a listen now..........

Listened to mix 1 and loved it.

Started on mix 2 and loving it too.

I don't want to choose....

Finished mix 2.....

Both very good mixes and I enjoyed both.

Mix 1 was my preferred style of techno to be honest and if I was just voting on that alone then it would take the win. It did feel as though the set just picked up from a deep, heads down patch in a club. I loved it too. But I would have preferred to have been taken them somehow rather than just arriving at that stage. It's a difficult thing to achieve in a 30 min mix, but this is what I'm looking for - set progression.

Mix 2 had the progression that I enjoy, however some of the tracks I just didn't dig as much as mix 1. Despite this however, I really did like and appreciate the gradual evolution of the set, from its melodic beginnings to the heavier style stuff towards the end..

Set progression in mix 2 does it for me...but it was extremely close.

Thanks for the greats sets.
    Last edited by Vernski; 05-09-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

Mix 1.
    I usually expect techno beats to be large enough to demolish a skyscraper, but this was more like a tactical nuclear strike.
    Defintely techno. Very dark and heavy, but also enough other elements to keep it interesting.
    In a club it would batter me hard enough for me to spend half the night collapsed on the floor, but I'd be enjoying every moment of it.
    The mixing was made by a machine. 20 years ago it would be enough for the beard-strokers to exclaim "Protools". The EQing was perfect, if a little standard. If there were any FX, I didn't notice them standing out too much. Which means they were perfect again. The mixes were layered, again, perfect. There were bits where it was f@cking nailed to the floor - such as around the 18 minute mark - solid stuff.

Mix 2.
    Very experimental. I like experimental. The intro didn't work 100%, but it was interesting enough. From there the selection went in various directions. Elements of house, tech-house and even some trancey sounds. Nothing too offensive though. It was only in the second half of the mix that it picked up and moved toward techno. The mix was OK, no errors, but a few bland fades here and there. But I guess that is a result of the selection being varied. I really liked some of the tracks in there and it was defintely a journey through the mix.

So as for the winner...well it is Mix 1 for me. It stands up very well as the definition of techno. I'd like to hear longer mixes of both of these styles, and also a tracklist. They are both very good mixes. I feel that although mix 2 was not so much techno it would work in a techno club back room. Mix 1 was defintely main room material. So each has its place. Thanks for your work and participation!
    Last edited by pete; 05-12-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Neck and neck, riveting

Thanks for the votes fellas! Rep all around.

Pete - alway enjoy reading your reviews. If you have blog somewhere, point me to it

I still haven't had chance to listen to them yet, so please don't close voting yet if it's still neck and neck
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

This ended in a tie

Good hard set from WestonParish. As I mentioned to you before, did not expect that. Def a nice surprise. May have to call you out for a hard techno battle. No time soon though, i'll stay away from battles to give others a chance to submit stuff.

Props to you and andymunro for the techno battles!