Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numark NS6 II

Quote Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
    You're wrong.
    https://serato.com/forum/discussion/1596095#new

When my computer died, I couldn't get Serato DJ to unlock (two turntables) on my new computer. After I deactivated the license from the dead computer, I was able to unlock Serato DJ for my DDJ-SR.

Plus you don't have to deactivate any SSL licenses when you sell a Serato ai, SSL will work for the buyer. If you sell a Serato DJ controller & don't deactivate at least one of your two SDJ licenses, the buyer will have buy SDJ.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    https://serato.com/forum/discussion/1596095#new

When my computer died, I couldn't get Serato DJ to unlock (two turntables) on my new computer. After I deactivated the license from the dead computer, I was able to unlock Serato DJ for my DDJ-SR.

Plus you don't have to deactivate any SSL licenses when you sell a Serato ai, SSL will work for the buyer. If you sell a Serato DJ controller & don't deactivate at least one of your two SDJ licenses, the buyer will have buy SDJ.
    Again you are wrong. I bought my Numark NV second hand and I have no license, it works plug and play. Previoulsy I have used friends pioneer gear (the SX) several times at gigs we done together, also just plug in and play when we switch over. Serato DJ Enabled hardware don't need license, the license is in the gear and will work with any computer, just like SSL.

I have no license for Serato DJ, I just have the Numark NV that is an "enabled" product.

Again here is the list of hardware that works with Serato DJ. "Enabled" (blue) is plug and play "Upgradeable" (green) demands the user to buy a Serato license seperately. And yes, when the product is "upgradeable" the license doesn't follow the product, so if you sell it, the next owner would need to buy his own license.

https://serato.com/hardware

PS.

I don't know what happens if you try to use a bought license with an enabled product. It could be that when the license is in the controller it can't recognize Serato DJ in your computer that is also licensed! It's like a double license clash or something.

I don't know what happens if you try to use a bought license with an enabled product. It could be that when the license is in the controller it can't recognize Serato DJ in your computer that is also licensed! It's like a double license clash or something.
    A. Why would I buy a license when my controller comes with SDJ?

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...other-computer
    Serato products can be activated on up to two computers (one main computer and one backup computer). If you have exceeded your maximum activations or are swapping computers you may find yourself needing to deactivate your licence(s).
    B. If there wasn't a two computer limit, why was I not able to enable the full version of SDJ before I deactivated one of my licenses? But able to enable the full version of SDJ after I deactivated one of my licenses?
    Last edited by Windows 95; 06-29-2017 at 03:46 AM.

A. Why would I buy a license when my controller comes with SDJ?

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...other-computer

B. If there wasn't a two computer limit, why was I not able to enable the full version of SDJ before I deactivated one of my licenses? But able to enable the full version of SDJ after I deactivated one of my licenses?
    I now have no clue what you are talking about, but an enabled serato product can be used on and endless amount of computers.

I now have no clue what you are talking about, but an enabled serato product can be used on and endless amount of computers.
    True, as long as you deactivate (After your second computer.) at least one of your licenses before you add a new computer.

There's no limit to how many licenses you activate. But there is a limit (Of two computers.) on how many licenses you can have activated.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 06-29-2017 at 03:59 AM.

True, as long as you deactivate (After your second computer.) at least one of your licenses before you add a new computer.

There's no limit to how many licenses you activate. But there is a limit (Of two computers.) on how many licenses you can have activated.
    Lol, I'm not sure if you are just trolling now.

An enabled product needs no activation, it's plug and play. There is no activation or deactivation going on, you just plug in the hardware and start spinning, you can change the computer all you want. Exactly similar to ssl, no difference.

Were your controller/s Serato DJ enabled or "upgrade-able?" I have never experienced this before & I have played on numerous controllers & midi enabled mixers like the rane 62 and a few different laptops with no issues.

This is only true for entry level controllers that require you to purchase a license to enable Serato DJ.
    If you are using "Serato DJ Enabled Hardware", the manufacturer of the hardware has paid the license fee - any laptop plugged into it will automatically be Serato DJ enabled.

Do you really think all the Club DJ's of the world are walking in to the club, hooking their laptops up the the Rane/Pioneer/Denon high end mixers or controllers sitting there, and then going through the hassle of activating/deactivating licenses every time they do this? A number of people here have already explained this to you - pay attention.
    Last edited by Hanginon; 09-23-2017 at 11:10 PM.