View Poll Results: Who Wins... Track ABC or Track XYZ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • TRACK ABC

3 75.00%
  • TRACK XYZ

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOUND CLASH BATTLE: DJ Riddims vs MonkeyStyle (Reggae)

Liked XYZ more than ABC because I find all the switch-ups with the samples are too much for me, I find XYZ style of mixing a bit more relaxed for me and I liked the tunes better as well. I'm gonna have to do a dub / steppas battle this year on DJF, don't know how but I have to. I accumulated too many dubs for them not to be played.

I appear to have gone the opposite way to alencr, it turns out I'm not a fan of reggae so I did struggle but I honestly preferred the music in XYZ a little bit more. I voted on technical skills displayed I was impressed with a few of the transitions that I would never have thought of trying.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

I'm in the same boat - haven't listened to reggae since the 90s and not really into it so I'm basing my vote on mixing style and flow.

Track ABC: good set, flow, and some transitions worked really well even when going from a track with different bpm.

Track XYZ: Had a decent flow at times but there were 1 or 2 cuts that threw me out of the mix.

Again, I can't really tell if the tracks you played were classic fire or latest exclusives so won't vote on which tracks I liked better. My vote goes to Track ABC.

Thanks for bringing something new to the battle forums. Don't think I ever voted on reggae battle on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    I'm in the same boat - haven't listened to reggae since the 90s
    Me neither, I was hoping for a bit Aswad - Shine

Sorry...I've had a beer, well 2 beers, and a wine, 2 beers and a bottle of wine
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Thanks for the votes and comments so far! Keep them coming!

Btw, can it be that Riddims and I are the only reggae people on here!!!? Where is dlove?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
    Thanks for the votes and comments so far! Keep them coming!

Btw, can it be that Riddims and I are the only reggae people on here!!!? Where is dlove?
    I was wondering that myself, lol.
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DJRiddims?ref=hl
    youtube.com/vibes4321

Well I'm a dub head but still.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
    Where is dlove?
    Good shout, she would have been great for feedback, she still visits every now and then bit not seen her for a few weeks

It is official!

Track ABC wins! Congratulations DJRiddims!

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...