Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ev elx 115 vs turbosound iq15

Ev elx 115 vs turbosound iq15

Not sure if I am posting in the right section. I'm interested in buying speakers based on my budget. I would like speakers with clear sound even when I push it hard, very powerful and reliable that will not give up on me after 3x pounding hard even though I have spare speakers when I'm djing.
    I have the Mackie thump 15 but I would like to replace my Gemini as-15p. I thought about EV ELX 115 but after reviews was considering the TURBOSOUND IQ15. Can any professional or any body that used both help me decide please?

moving to amps and speakers...
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Hi Moderator... Do you have any info and can help me in comparing the EV and TURBOSOUND IQ115P?

Please wait for people to come up (today is Sunday so pretty much time off for most DJs) with answers, this is how forums function. In the meanwhile please do not crosspost your query elsewhere, once is enough.
    SoundCloud ______ MixCloud
    "Wrong speed, we've got it on the wrong speed. For those of you who are recovering from a hangover, that's gonna sound just right. " - Robin Williams

I've heard the EVs and they are good for the money and are great if you can get them on sale. I have not heard the Turbosounds but from people I have met that own them they were not very impressed.
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DJRiddims?ref=hl
    youtube.com/vibes4321

Okay Thanks Manu

Dj Riddims, That's what I thought too. I went to the local Local Guitar Center, did not get a chance to listen to the Turbosound ... The "special power cable" was stolen and they did not have a replacement ... Just listened to the elx115p and ekx 15p...
    Last edited by brou2017; 04-23-2017 at 11:42 AM.

The special cable is a powercon cable. It's common on high end and touring P.A. gear because it locks so the cable does not accidentally get pulled out. Might be a good idea to get one of these and keep it attached to the speaker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IEC-Male-to-...sAAOSwr~lYrfoi

Are you using subs.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Quote Originally Posted by brou2017 View Post
    I went to the local Local Guitar Center, did not get a chance to listen to the Turbosound ... The "special power cable" was stolen and they did not have a replacement
    Banjo Center doesn't have a Powercon? Wow... that is confidence inspiring.
    The EV ELX line are solid speakers but aren't that powerful in the big scheme of things, haven't had a chance to hear the new Turbos yet but don't expect miracles.. the 2500w rating is an overblown spec that Music Group is well known for now. But that said these two boxes would be upgrades from a Mackie Thump or Gemini AS15p
    Last edited by conanski; 04-23-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Those ELX-115p speakers will run out of gas pretty quick. I did a show with the Turbosound IQ15s on the 21st (Friday) and those things can really rock!!