Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dual 12 inch sub from JTR Speakers

New Dual 12 inch sub from JTR Speakers

This is the newest addition to the JTR Speakers pro audio line. The Captivator 212 pro is a dual 12 inch sub that weighs 70 pounds passive and 75 pounds powered. 39-250hz (+/-3db) with a 135db peak within CEA2010 distortion. 30" wide, 16" tall and 22.5" deep. Here I am posing next to 3 of them that are being used at Axpona. IMG_0072.jpg
    Last edited by deejaybman; 04-22-2017 at 07:59 AM.

12's seem to be the hot new thing in P.A. QSC just released a dual 12 too.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

I have used the Yorkville Paresource PSa1s dual 12 a few times, it works well but I just don't like the form factor.. it's too small to roll around comfortably but to awkward to lift and carry so sorry but I just don't see the point of these things.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    I have used the Yorkville Paresource PSa1s dual 12 a few times, it works well but I just don't like the form factor.. it's too small to roll around comfortably but to awkward to lift and carry so sorry but I just don't see the point of these things.
    I have to agree with this. My 15" subs have a large enough footprint that I don't have to worry about the "tilt factor" when I've got 10" or 12" tops mounted on them with a pole, although I'm sure the bass out of these is better.

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    Some of us worry about packspace.

My entire rig is 12's. (Iq12's and t39s) Works well enough for me.

I use to have 2 x 12 Carlsbro speakers. They were compact and loud but quite heavy, so not very easy to handle. I sold them later for something more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    12's seem to be the hot new thing in P.A. QSC just released a dual 12 too.
    12's being used for subs are nothing new. Have you ever heard or seen the Lab sub or JTR Growler? EAW had a folded bass horn with a 12 inch woofer called the LA-400.
    Last edited by deejaybman; 04-22-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybman View Post
    12's being used for subs are nothing new. Have you ever heard or seen the Lab sub? EAW had a folded bass horn with a 12 inch woofer called the LA-400.
    True, but that's in a horn, where a twelve is enough to do the job. In a direct radiator a twelve is decidedly inferior to a fifteen, let alone an eighteen. Not that there isn't a place for even a 112 direct radiating sub. There is, when you don't need a lot of output and pack space is at a premium. But once you need more than a single cab can provide larger drivers are far more cost and space effective.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybman View Post
    12's being used for subs are nothing new. Have you ever heard or seen the Lab sub or JTR Growler? EAW had a folded bass horn with a 12 inch woofer called the LA-400.
    I just seems to be more common now.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    Some of us worry about packspace.
    You're not alone there and I agree on that point, I too like compact speakers that perform.. one of my current favorite subs is in this same Yorkville lineup.. the PS15s. This little box is very impressive and although I have not compared it with the dual 12 side by side I wouldn't be surprised if it matches or beats it in output potential. But even if it doesn't I still like it better because it's an easy lift, see what I'm saying?
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com