Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prom night...600 kids

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    How much did you pay for all the equipment you brought in?
    I own everything. It was probably approaching $50k

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rock Diesel View Post
    I own everything. It was probably approaching $50k
    WoW!!
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!

Those Martin Wizards don't seem like they'll ever go out of style. The price stays high for them on the u$ed market too!
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    Those Martin Wizards don't seem like they'll ever go out of style. The price stays high for them on the u$ed market too!
    I really love them, great lights for the size. I lucked up and got the pair for $650 new during a flash sale

they let you setup in front of a fire exit? and you agreed? nuts. dangerous. stupid. there isn't enough insurance to protect you if there was a fire and your stuff was in the way. jail time. long term too.

all your gear in a tiny pile? spread the stuff out - will sound much better.

Quote Originally Posted by prof_fate View Post
    all your gear in a tiny pile? spread the stuff out - will sound much better.
    You don't spread subs out, you keep them coupled for maximum sound

That's dope. I usually forget to take video at my gigs and when I do remember, I feel a little awkward doing so. Has anyone ever approached you about filming the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by killerfanatics View Post
    That's dope. I usually forget to take video at my gigs and when I do remember, I feel a little awkward doing so. Has anyone ever approached you about filming the kids?
    Great question! No, I've never had any issues. Everyone is usually having such a good time and filming with their phones, that it's a non issue. I set my GoPro up in front of me at the beginning of the event. I have shot video at elementary school dances with no issues either.

I think that people realize that it's a party atmosphere so it lessens the concern for weird stuff

Totally.. But they'll work well coupled side to side across the floor and look nice that way too. But in this venue it seems like your truss stands can't clear the riser so it would require you to have the line of subs a bit forward of the riser. So prob would not work in this case. But try it some other time...

With your mains approximately 4 feet apart, most of the room was hearing mono anyway. It certainly made no difference to the kids!!