Thread: Numark mixtrack pro 3

Numark mixtrack pro 3

Hello,
    Im considering buy the above and was hoping for some basic advice (my knowledge of modern djing is minimal). I would appreciate any answers to the following (probably stupid questions)
    1) If i plug this into my lap top am I then good to go for recording mixes and getting them into mp3 format. Do i need to buy any extra software or hardware?
    2) Will i be able to use any mp3 tracks on my pc for my mixes? I used to be a vinyl dj way back when, so being able to use a library of mp3 tracks as opposed to having to buy inyl seems amazing to me. If someone converted a youtube vid to mp3 could this be used?
    3) Any other opinions on this controller would be useful to know
    Thanks

moved to digital djing tools
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Hello !

1. Yes, You'll be able to record Your mixes via Serato DJ app, You can also choose in which format Serato should save Your mixes.
    2. Yes, You can use any MP3's You have.
    3. I have Numark N4 and I'm really impressed by functionality of these controllers. I think it's very good controller if You start Your mixing skills.

Best regards,

Tomek

Good response from tomaszp, i will add to point one that I believe Serato Intro comes with the imxtrack pro, you would have to upgrade it to Serato DJ to enable to record function. But it is possible to loop the sound back to the line input of a pc/mac and you would be able to record using free software like Audacity.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by marklewis1234 View Post
    Hello,
    Im considering buy the above and was hoping for some basic advice (my knowledge of modern djing is minimal). I would appreciate any answers to the following (probably stupid questions)
    1) If i plug this into my lap top am I then good to go for recording mixes and getting them into mp3 format. Do i need to buy any extra software or hardware?
    2) Will i be able to use any mp3 tracks on my pc for my mixes? I used to be a vinyl dj way back when, so being able to use a library of mp3 tracks as opposed to having to buy inyl seems amazing to me. If someone converted a youtube vid to mp3 could this be used?
    3) Any other opinions on this controller would be useful to know
    Thanks
    I bought the DDJ RB from Poineer and I love it. It also comes with Rekordbox DJ. I believe is roughly in the same price range.

Sent from my Lenovo A2016b30 using Tapatalk
    I just live in Mexico, I'm not really Mexican