Thread: Need help identifying a bite...

Question Need help identifying a bite...

Does anyone know where the piano riff sample in Lit Right Now by Ayo & Teo came from? Normally I have a pretty good ear for ID'ing bites, but I'm at a loss here. The flow sort of sounds like Rhythm of the Rain by The Cascades, and the rhythm is almost like The Locomotion, but it's neither of those. I'm pretty sure it's from that era though, early 60's - late 50's radio pop. Any help would be much appreciated. I make bite remixes starting with the original song, then a brief break of just the sample that was bitten, then blend it into the new song; to show where the sample came from. My way of giving some of my less cultured audience at the club a brief music history lesson.

Here's the song in question...

http://youtu.be/6x_zyXg_fx4

It sounds like the piano riff in Runaway by Del Shannon to me...

Last edited by Capitan; 04-04-2017 at 03:44 AM.
    Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

Thumbs up Yes...

[QUOTE=Capitan;492497]It sounds like the piano riff in Runaway by Del Shannon to me...

That's the one I was thinking of, but couldn't think of the name or find it. I listened to 4 hours of boogie woogie piano songs last night trying to figure it out. This has been an itch in my brain for 24 hours. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by DeJayZero View Post
    That's the one I was thinking of, but couldn't think of the name or find it. I listened to 4 hours of boogie woogie piano songs last night trying to figure it out. This has been an itch in my brain for 24 hours. Much appreciated!

You're welcome
    Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

Quote Originally Posted by DeJayZero View Post
    Does anyone know where the piano riff sample in Lit Right Now by Ayo & Teo came from? Normally I have a pretty good ear for ID'ing bites, but I'm at a loss here. The flow sort of sounds like Rhythm of the Rain by The Cascades, and the rhythm is almost like The Locomotion, but it's neither of those. I'm pretty sure it's from that era though, early 60's - late 50's radio pop. Any help would be much appreciated. I make bite remixes starting with the original song, then a brief break of just the sample that was bitten, then blend it into the new song; to show where the sample came from. My way of giving some of my less cultured audience at the club a brief music history lesson.
    Hi, DeJayZero:

Here's the song in question...

http://youtu.be/6x_zyXg_fx4
    That piano riff is me. It's my playing, my recording. It's an audioloop I had uploaded to the website LOOPERMAN about 2 or 3 years ago. I wanted that riff to sound like something from the early 60's, I suppose it's most influenced by Ricky Nelson's "Travelin' Man". But it's not meant to be a literal duplication of any groove out there, not strictly anyway.