Thread: Looking for a name for my new radio show!

Looking for a name for my new radio show!

Things are looking good on my side. I get regular bookings, get to collaborate with very talented artists around me and Undr Groov's regular night at Club UNITY is alway packed with a fantastic crowd.

What else can I ask for?

Well it turns out that Sincity.fm came to me yesterday to offer me my own monthly radio show. A residency every second friday of the month at 8pm... It's with no hesitation that I accepted the offer...

The question now is the name of the show... I have to find it a name? I will be playing mostly, Tech House, Progressive House and Techno...

Any suggestions from you guys will be appreciated...

Thanks!
    Guy Deshaies
    www.soundcloud.com/mononcletiguy
    «Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.»

Just use your DJ name so more people get to hear it, if I listen to a show with name other than the DJs then I'm unlikely to remember his name afterwards
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    Just use your DJ name so more people get to hear it, if I listen to a show with name other than the DJs then I'm unlikely to remember his name afterwards
    You are right, the only worries I have is that my name is not easy to pronounce in English and some other foriegn languages... So the idea was to find something more fluid as in shorter... But yes thanks for the advice my friend!
    Guy Deshaies
    «Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.»

I'd say pick a marketable theme you're comfortable with and brainstorm off of that. Aim for the audience that listens to that radio show. Imagine what you want people doing while your radio show is happening, and you might be inspired by that. For instance, if you're wanting people to get inspired musically, you might play off of the word Inspire. InspireNation, GrooveNation, Get Lifted something like that. I'm checking out your soundcloud and maybe I'll get some ideas off of that, I'll post again if I think of anything.

Think this carefoully ! Maybe try to find inspiration in some of Your favourite tracks ?

Congratulations, Best regards,

Tomek

Quote Originally Posted by bonsaiaudio View Post
    I'd say pick a marketable theme you're comfortable with and brainstorm off of that. Aim for the audience that listens to that radio show. Imagine what you want people doing while your radio show is happening, and you might be inspired by that. For instance, if you're wanting people to get inspired musically, you might play off of the word Inspire. InspireNation, GrooveNation, Get Lifted something like that. I'm checking out your soundcloud and maybe I'll get some ideas off of that, I'll post again if I think of anything.
    Thank you very much for your insights... I think I will call it VIBRATIONS....
    Guy Deshaies

Quote Originally Posted by tomaszp View Post
    Think this carefoully ! Maybe try to find inspiration in some of Your favourite tracks ?

Congratulations, Best regards,

Tomek
    Thank you very much for your comments....
    Guy Deshaies

Quote Originally Posted by DjGuyDeshaies View Post
    Thank you very much for your insights... I think I will call it VIBRATIONS....
    Love it