Thread: Changement needed in site policy?

Question Changement needed in site policy?

Hi all!

I joined the forum recently, think like a month ago, and I saw the site policy about posting mixes and links.
    I really understand this policy (30 posts, good standing for 30 days), and I think it is a good solution because
    otherwise the forum would be full of spam and people that just want to get listeners for their mixes/tracks without helping others.

There is only one thing that bothers me and that is the fact that as a result of this policy, you cannot give a reaction on someone else's mix..
    I've been a lot in this situation: wanted to help someone with his tracklist in the mix submission topic of the forum, or just want to give feedback on a mix,
    but beacause of this policy I always need to do it with a private message.

So wouldn't there be an option that this policy does not change, except for the fact that you can react on the submission of others?
    Don't know if there was discussion about this before and I don't want to give this as a critic, I am just trying to help the forum!

Thanks in advance
    BERMIO

Thank you for your input. We do appreciate it.

While it is a good idea & I would certainly consider the change, unfortunately, the forum software (program) does not give us the option to specifically allow us that option. The software only allows for:
    a) permissions to access the specific section
    b) permissions to post in that section

In order to give rep or comment, the option to allow permissions to post would need to be allowed. This would in turn allow new members with no posts to access the area & post mixes, which defeats the purpose of the rule.
    In short, to clarify, giving rep = a post & the software doesn't allow for distinction between a post & giving rep etc.

I hope this helps...
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Most people will link to soundcloud or mixcloud, in the meanwhile you can always leave feedback there. You're only 5 posts and a few days away from being given full access. To be honest, the forum runs better this way, and you haven't seen the amount of one post noobs that were spamming the mix submissions forum up until a year ago. Regular members mixes used to be buried below 50 other spam threads no one gave a single damn about.

When I took over as music moderator, it literally took me weeks to clean all the crap before the forum became spam-free again. Sorry about the inconvenience, but this is most certainly the lesser of two evils.
    Last edited by Manu; 03-24-2017 at 09:58 AM.

I just thought that it was worth to ask, because of the fact that if there would be options for change it would have made the forum a better and clearer place.
    For clarity: I did not ask this out of personal matters, because indeed I am almost there.
    I really understand what you are saying, Manu, and if there is no other option, as Dix told us, this is definitely the best way.
    I already expected that these considerations were determined by restrictions in software, but who knows? Was just trying to help.
    Thanks for the clarification!

Sure no worries and thanks for reporting that, nobody was aware of that restriction. On a side note, I have sanctioned people before for post whoring in mix submissions, trying to get their 30 posts in 30 minutes. Makes me wonder how/why are you not able to post there, may smell like a glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Makes me wonder how/why are you not able to post there, may smell like a glitch
    The reason he cant post in that section is because the permissions are set that new members can access that section, but can not post in that section.
    We wanted new members to be able to access the section & listen to mixes etc, but obviously not be able to post.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Yes man I understand! We do not need people that are desperate to collect likes/followers in here and this is a good solution to keep them away! Thanks for the replies