Thread: New style battle idea

New style battle idea

Hi Guys,

I've got an idea for a dj battle, open to beginners and lifetimers alike. Please let me know your thoughts and changes.

So, we pick say, 10 songs. Any genre, mixed would be more fun. First ten peoples picks closes the selection. The songs must be available somewhere for free download, eg soundcloud, so everyone can join in.
    The idea is to see what different mixes people come up with for the same 10 songs (Lets say, 8 of which have to be used. None can be added.) Then the mixes are voted on.
    So we might end up with 2 x DnB, 3 x Techno, 1 x Trap, 4 x Trance for example.

We could run this as a weekly thing maybe. All entries in by Friday. voting closes Sunday. We don't even have to have it as a comp. just to see what people have done and question how any why they chose to mix them two songs like that?

Like I said guys an idea. One that I hope will give a great insight into us all, while learning a thing or two.
    Please let me know your thoughts, ideas along these lines. Or just plain tell me to shut up and go home!

Thanks for reading. Hope to hear from a few of you soon.

I like this idea. If you're down for this style, do a CALL OUT in the Battle section!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Sounds interesting but last time someone tried to organize a battle with 2 mandatory tracks, it results in a ton of complaints. This was for a trace tournament so maybe the stacks were a bit higher - not that there was a prize at the end but you know how tournaments get.