Thread: Remixing and rights..

Remixing and rights..

If I have an acapella of a released track can I just go ahead and create a remix with it? Is there any legal s involved if so what is the correct process if you want to remix someone else's track?

Thanks in advance.

If You want to remix someone's track and if You want to release it on some label, You'll need to get agreement from the tracks right owner. You can e-mail him go get him agreed.

If You want to just remix it and not get any money from it, just do it You can get some problems uploading it to some websites, but that's a thing that You can't get over with sometimes.

Best regards,

Tomek

You can't sell until you get copyright clearance, unless you fancy some sort of trouble.

As a general rule, lawsuits "follow the money". So if you use other's works and make money... expect a lawsuit to find you. The only way around it is to get permission of the song owner and the performing artist... and good luck with that.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated.