Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: - DNB DJ Roll-Call -

Liquid D&B here. Although I used to spin the heavy harder stuff ie: Dylan, Technical Itch, stuff from Cyclon Records, etc... Nowadays I'm all about the soulful stuff. Really good tunes these days come out of liquid D&B, high ratio of quality. I also spin deep dubstep, the stuff that sounds more like what dubstep sounded like before Skrillex skrillified it. Good artist but dubstep now seems like a mess of in your face robot sex synths which I'm just not into. Also dig good techno bangers. First love is DnB though for mixing. Will always get down with the drum & bass.

Quote Originally Posted by PauleBrosef View Post
    I also spin deep dubstep, the stuff that sounds more like what dubstep sounded like before Skrillex skrillified it. Good artist but dubstep now seems like a mess of in your face robot sex synths which I'm just not into.
    agreed

And also on Liquid lately.. been really digging it. Pola & Bryson, The Vanguard Project, Macca & Loz Contreras and Dawn Wall have been on repeat at work.

Quote Originally Posted by djrebelv View Post
    Glad to hear it my man. Its always super satisfying to marry two tracks that seem like they were made for eachother isn't it? Even though the hunt for the perfect one is frustrating a lot of the time.

I took a bit of a hiatus this last year... didn't really do much besides the mix I put out at the beginning of the year but the fingers started to itch again this last month and its been a month of rediscovering how fucking awesome it feels to mix. Keep putting in the work man. Its a labor... but it will eventually be a labor of love (if it isn't already).

And welcome to the thread
    Amen brotha, been at it the whole time and I'm starting to see hard work pay off. I can usually get a track beat matched within 16-32 bars and it used to take me forever without a guarantee it would be locked.

Been going down the 90s jungle/hardcore road as well. Having a lot of fun with it and eager to play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Anyway... are any of the old heads still rattling around in here?
    It's been a long time since I've been on here....