Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: - DNB DJ Roll-Call -

- DNB DJ Roll-Call -

All DJ forums are kinda slow these days... not dead, but definitely slow. I can't say why. There's plenty going on in the business, but not a lot of us are sharing our experiences on forums. I belong to four, and all are slower than 3 years ago. I'm sure Facebook is probably a factor. You can only spend so much time with a particular technology... unless you don't sleep and have no life.😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by djrebelv View Post
    Just wanting to see how many DNB guys we got on here. I've been on here off and on for the last few years, thought I'd like to meet some of you and introduce myself.

I'm Ray. Hi.

I've been dabbling with DJing on my own since 2012. Its a hobby but.. its probably currently the most consistent thing in my life tbh haha. I've been musically inclined since I was a kid; started with piano when I was about 8.. did that for a couple years and then switched to electric guitar. Played that all through middle and high school then kind of got bored with it. Learned to play the drums in college with the campus chaplain (who happened to be a beast, who knew) and after.. didn't really know what to do. Still loved music, always loved what it does, so when I got introduced to electronic music it was a game changer. I think the first song I heard (aside from stuff like Daft Punk or Justice and basically anything that came out in the 90's and early 2000's, Sandstorm and the sort, blah blah)(lets just say the first electronic song that flipped the switch for me) was Sierra Leone by Mt. Eden. I was like WTF is this I need more. This was on the tail end of my college escapade. Then after I graduated, met some friends that had a cheap ass plastic numark in a backroom of their house where we would hang out, smoke and listen to music and I thought.. shit, I could do that. Asked one of them to give me a tour of the device and I was hooked. Went and picked up a Hercules 4set and started out with dubstep since it was slower and easier to learn. A little while after that I stumbled upon Witchcraft by Pendulum and my world was turned upside down again I was like THISSSS is audio cocaine.. I neeeed mooooore. And here I am 5 years heavily addicted to 176 BPM

Here's a link to my soundcloud in case you're curious or wanna link up: DJRBLV

Would love to hear what got you into DJing or DNB or DJing DNB for that matter. What are some of your favorite tracks? And/or gimme a link to your mixes. Right now, I'm pretty much on anything that Dimension is putting out. The dude is a bad man. Calyx and Teebee have been in my top three DJing acts for a long time and Noisia are #1 in my book in terms of production and overall act.

Hit me with what you got!
    Always been a dnb fan. Just started mixing last month. Sup?

Nice bruv, whats up. What're your impressions thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by djrebelv View Post
    Nice bruv, whats up. What're your impressions thus far?
    I enjoy it immensely. I've always loved the music. Always been a monstrous fan of the music, so, it was only natural that I would take to mixing.

My hangups are really with learning to beat match by ear. Currently, I usually mix on the snare, otherwise I sound like garbage.

Some of my favorite mixes I've done are Marcus Intalex - Cabal into Spectrasoul - Sometimes We Lie...
    Sabre ft. Halogenix - St. Clair into Mark System - Optix >> dBridge - Since We've Been Apart

Overall, I'm getting the hang of it. I generally mix around 172bpm, and I'll pitch up or down slightly to catch a track. Then return the pitch to normal on the track I cued in, to change the tempo. That works well for me.

I'm working on a mix currently, and I'm having trouble finding a song that goes with Ulterior Motive - Featherweight VIP.

I have that mixed with Enei - Cracker.. and those sound like a funk bomb together.

But, I need to find this missing song that would link the two parts of my mix together.. It starts off pretty heavy/neuro with Noisia, Icicle, Phentix, Spor, then by the end it cools down into a real laid back groover with Alix Perez, Survival, BCee, LSB

Banned
    Hi all,

I have been DJing D&B since 2000. Its the first genre that motivated me to learn how DJ, and I always enjoy coming back to it and mixing D&B with mates.

Since I went digital with my mixing years back I don't follow it as a genre as closely as I used to, mainly for being able to afford to DJ other genres that I like such as House, Techno, Dubstep, Bass music etc etc with not having to only buy vinyl anymore, but I still cant beat the rush of dropping a proper banger of a D&B tune for the first time!!!

Give me a follow on Soundcloud and I'll check out your mixes and tunes too. Plus always on the look out for some fresh new tunes...

ahhh good thing i caught this.

Quote Originally Posted by eleovjr View Post
    I enjoy it immensely. I've always loved the music. Always been a monstrous fan of the music, so, it was only natural that I would take to mixing.
    Glad to hear it my man. Its always super satisfying to marry two tracks that seem like they were made for eachother isn't it? Even though the hunt for the perfect one is frustrating a lot of the time.

I took a bit of a hiatus this last year... didn't really do much besides the mix I put out at the beginning of the year but the fingers started to itch again this last month and its been a month of rediscovering how fucking awesome it feels to mix. Keep putting in the work man. Its a labor... but it will eventually be a labor of love (if it isn't already).

And welcome to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by KAL View Post
    Hi all,

I have been DJing D&B since 2000. Its the first genre that motivated me to learn how DJ, and I always enjoy coming back to it and mixing D&B with mates.

Since I went digital with my mixing years back I don't follow it as a genre as closely as I used to, mainly for being able to afford to DJ other genres that I like such as House, Techno, Dubstep, Bass music etc etc with not having to only buy vinyl anymore, but I still cant beat the rush of dropping a proper banger of a D&B tune for the first time!!!

Give me a follow on Soundcloud and I'll check out your mixes and tunes too. Plus always on the look out for some fresh new tunes...
    Ah yes... the energy a great DNB track brings is almost unparalleled. I used to dabble into house and dubstep but it just doesn't do it for me the way DNB does. I think my soul beats at 176 bpm lol.

I'll look you up on the SC shortly and send you an add.

...n Welcome to the thread

**correction: we're already connected haha... Ima give your mixes a go then
    Last edited by djrebelv; 12-11-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: 'doh

I miss this place and some of the connections we had on here... the battles used to be great. Been a long time since I came around here though lol... from mod to barely on to completely gone. Such is life I guess. I haven't even mixed at all in about 4 years. Moved to the Dallas area about 3 years ago and haven't even been out to a show. I miss it a lot though and I think it would probably help me sort things out if I just sunk myself into mixing again.

Anyway... are any of the old heads still rattling around in here?
    i stole your sweetroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Anyway... are any of the old heads still rattling around in here?
    Carter... now there is a name I remember.
    Yeah, there are still a few of the old guard arouund.
    The site has changed and developed, same as any site. Same as the DJ scene. Same as the DJs, or the amount of DJing we can do as we get older.
    However, this site has been around since before youtube, facebook, twitter etc. and is still active, thanks to the team that keep it going and their love of DJing. I feel that's pretty impressive.

Welcome back!
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix