Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: - DNB DJ Roll-Call -

Angry - DNB DJ Roll-Call -

Just wanting to see how many DNB guys we got on here. I've been on here off and on for the last few years, thought I'd like to meet some of you and introduce myself.

I'm Ray. Hi.

I've been dabbling with DJing on my own since 2012. Its a hobby but.. its one of the most consistent things in my life. I've been musically inclined since I was a kid; started with piano when I was about 8.. did that for a couple years and then switched to electric guitar. Played that all through middle and high school then kind of got bored with it. Learned to play the drums in college with the campus chaplain (who happened to be a beast, who knew) and after.. didn't really know what to do. Still loved music, always loved what it does, so when I got introduced to electronic music it was a game changer. I think the first song I heard (aside from stuff like Daft Punk or Justice and basically anything that came out in the 90's and early 2000's, Sandstorm and the sort, blah blah)(lets just say the first electronic song that flipped the switch for me) was Sierra Leone by Mt. Eden. I was like WTF is this I need more. This was on the tail end of my college escapade. Then after I graduated, met some friends that had a cheap ass plastic numark in a backroom of their house where we would hang out, smoke and listen to music and I thought.. shit, I could do that. Asked one of them to give me a tour of the device and I was hooked. Went and picked up a Hercules 4set and started out with dubstep since it was slower and easier to learn. A little while after that I stumbled upon Witchcraft by Pendulum and my world was turned upside down again I was like THISSSS is audio cocaine.. I neeeed mooooore. And here I am 5 years heavily addicted to 176 BPM

Here's a link to my soundcloud in case you're curious or wanna link up: DJRBLV

Would love to hear what got you into DJing or DNB or DJing DNB for that matter. What are some of your favorite tracks? And/or gimme a link to your mixes. Right now, I'm pretty much on anything that Dimension or Mefjus is putting out. Some great production there. Andy C, Calyx and Teebee, A.M.C and Friction have been my favorite DJing acts for a long time but I have an unreasonable amount of love and respect for Noisia.

Hit me with what you got!
    Last edited by djrebelv; 04-17-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Lol.. okay, just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by djrebelv View Post
    And/or gimme a link to your mixes. !
    Just as a reminder before the spam begins:

FAQ

#16 - To post a mix or links to Soundcloud & Mixcloud accounts, you must have completed both of the following:
    a) Accumulate 30 posts by participating in any area of the forum.
    b) Be a member in good standing for a minimum period of 30 days.
    Posting your mix in another forum section will be viewed as circumventing the rules, thus the post will be deleted and disciplinary action given.

#17 – Beginner mixes can be posted in the beginners section only, but must be no more than 10 minutes in length. Mixes longer than 10 minutes will be viewed as circumventing rule 16, will be deleted & disciplinary action will be issued.

Right. Looks like thats not gonna be a problem tho.. lol

Hi and welcome or something. Hahaha the DnB heads on this forum used to be really active, but I dunno what happened. Did you catch Calyx and Teebee when they were here last month? Also, are you coming to Uhall for the Ram Show this Sunday?

Hey man,

Yeah! I was there.. and WODNB as I said in the other thread (even saw you there haha). I won't be going to the RAM show this weekend since I'll be out of town but.. I'm going to Friction and Metrik at Flash for sure. Always really stoked to see Friction come through and I love how Metrik DJs.

I support 3D a lot since Dom is the man. I'll usually go to 8/10 shows he puts on but gonna have to skip the RAM, Dom & Roland and the Teddy Killerz shows.

When are you on next? Haven't seen you on a lineup in a bit (or I guess I haven't been looking closely either).
    Last edited by djrebelv; 03-23-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Hey DJReBLV.

Old Jungle DnB head here. Just saying hello.

Yeah I'm taking a little break from playing out. Been working on music and throwing events. The Friction and Metrik show is actually my bday party so I'll definitely be on the line up. Was supposed to play At SubDistrick this weekend but that got moved to the same day as WODNB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackest View Post
    Yeah I'm taking a little break from playing out. Been working on music and throwing events. The Friction and Metrik show is actually my bday party so I'll definitely be on the line up. Was supposed to play At SubDistrick this weekend but that got moved to the same day as WODNB.
    Oh, awesome. I'll have to come by and grab you a beverage then

What's up GodsD! Nice to meet you