Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: About dance stacks..

Here's a prototype horn.. for this I used a wooden mold

I think it would go well in a monitor or something... it's too big for the tweeter array and I think the mid cabs don't really need a horn although I've seen a pic of a configuration where a horn is mounted freely inside a midrange speaker as a reinforcement.

Here's one more horn I made today..

A bit more challenging to make, and if I was to guess it's long throw, with the expense of the dispersion pattern being a lot more narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by efinque View Post

A bit more challenging to make, and if I was to guess it's long throw, with the expense of the dispersion pattern being a lot more narrow.
    You could model it out BEFORE making the horn. There are plenty of free software tools to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    You could model it out BEFORE making the horn. There are plenty of free software tools to do this.
    I did do a few Hornresp simulations.. but it was for a woofer, although I think it gives a nice idea how horns are designed in general. Most designers then fold the simulated horn path to save space.

Afaik high frequencies behave very differently in horn configurations. Although the material could be too soft to compete with off-the-shelf tweeter/cd horns.

Here's a pic of the horns after painting :

I think powder coating would be more durable though..

Here's a pic of another one I did today

This one's made from 2 parts using the same mold. The plastic I used was a bit thinner to save time (and I don't have access to thicker plastic as of now) but it's sturdy enough for a prototype I guess. It's glued together with acrylic compound.

EDIT : I added some bracing, I think it looks cooler now

Painted one of the scoops (and the lenses) just today..

One more to go! They need top baffles too and the other is missing a hole for the driver.

15" scoops, what design are you using?
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta