Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Mac hard disc upgrade

Apple Mac hard disc upgrade

So apple make nice little laptops but they're latest technology SSD doesn't come with very big memory space I noticed on the Internet there are upgrades available but they are not SSD they are a different type of chip maybe ocw or something offering larger than terabyte capacity and upgradable in shop or even at home.
    There were more than one hard drive apple conflict in my local neighborhood the Old desktop Macs, word on the street went they were looking for terrorists.
    You see I wouldn't mind upgrading my hard drive storage space but I'm wondering if the ocw solid state drive could be dodgy at all?
    Last edited by setback; 02-26-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Sorry mate, your post doesn't make much sense.

Are you asking if you can upgrade the hard drive in computers?
    Then the answer is yes, and it is quite simple.
    Guides are all over the internet and youtube.

As for the hard drive conflict looking for terrorists, I'm unaware of this conflict, or Old Desktop Mac terrorists. They sound quite scary.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

^ I remember hearing that Apple uses non-standard SSDs. Looking at the prices in the link above, I now agree. Those SSDs are expensive relative to PC SSDs!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Depending on the model some are soldered on so they can't be replaced. Another reason not to by a Mac.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

As long as the ocw memory is kosher this Mac upgrade looks suitable it's like unplugging and plugging back in a PCI board and because apple have quite good aftercare you probably be able to ask them to do it in your local Apple shop if you're paranoid. Or maybe only more recent books are upgradable old ones that was soldered?

You cannot upgrade the HD in new Mac book pros.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/15/2016-...all-batteries/

Got on the blower two apple (no pun intended).
    I can make an appointment to the Apple genius bar in Covent Garden they would like to see my computer to find out exactly which one it is.
    Several different models of probook accept different memory boards you have to match the board to your computer so I suppose if you got the wrong one it would crash and start a rumour about unreliable Macintosh. But check over the phone give them the serial number in case the computer is not in warranty or something I would expect them to help you. Once they find out exactly which computer I've got they can find out whether they will order me the part. I do not expect a company statement on reliability of the goods. The new board replaces the Old memory card so you are not keep your existing hard drive.
    Last edited by setback; 02-28-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Oh yes I remember now although my buss is not really designed to accept more than 128 gigabytes (yeah I bought the wrong computer but it done from my album anyway the next one up is twice as expensive) I can fit a terabyte memory card. I don't know man I'm getting a nasty feeling about this. Shit I can do without samples if I tidy up my hard drive I might just be able to load a couple of extra synthesizers and carry on with this one.
    Last edited by setback; 02-28-2017 at 05:37 PM.

What do you mean your buss can't accept more than 128 GB.