Thread: Mixars Cut 2 channel

Mixars Cut 2 channel

Anyone had a listen to this one yet.
    This is the style mixer I have been looking for. Ultra simple design with XLR outputs. It has that going for it.
    My other criteria being that it is rugged and sounds decent. Cant do without purchasing or at the very least getting a review from the Forum
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have seen some youtube vids of some scratching using this mixer but have not seen a full on review. The main focus has been their Serato mixer Duo. They have another 2 channel coming soon called the Uno that is very interesting also. It appears to be a step up from the Cut. Peace be with you......Rob Mixx.

I think this dude has me sold "deadly cut" "its a beast".

The only thing I have heard regarding these mixers is from the well-respected Elliot Marx (creator of the Innofader)

Quote Originally Posted by Innofader facebook page
    Hello All. Many of you have probably recently heard of a new company breaking onto the scene called "Mixars". This brand is started by a group of key people who broke away from DJ Tech. Upon initial discussions with them, they indicated to me that they "would never do anything to harm the DJ Tech brand" and were "doing something completely different from DJ Tech". But the design similarities of the Mixars Cut to the DIF-1s and the Mixars Duo to the DIF-1M are very obvious.

As a supplier of mini Innofaders normally it is not my position to make judgements about our customers. However, I have been in this business long enough to have a strong dislike for this kind of opportunism. We do not need any more people getting in bed with the same overseas suppliers making essentially identical products but just changing the brand name. This market needs innovators who create product which has value for you the customers. This is the thinking which has guided me for many years with Audio Innovate and the Innofader and will continue to guide me.

So for this reason, I am announcing that as of today, we will no longer be filling new orders for Mixars with any mini Innofaders or Innofaders for use in their products as standard equipment. Their branding is the polar opposite of everything we stand for so we cannot be a part of this. We will still do our duty to fill existing orders and support you our customers if you have any issues with Mixars product which include mini Innofaders. We will also support customers who wish to upgrade Mixars products with any Innofaders as we would for any customers.

Thank you all for listening, and thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Sincerely yours,
    Elliot Marx
    So you may want to verify if the mixer you buy has an innofader in it or something else.
    But at least it means it is Innofader compatible.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Well that's an interesting quote. Sounds like the guy should have had a no competition clause or something for his employees.

Got one on the way.
    Is the innofader clearly marked when you pull it out. I picked up a used one on e bay so its probably an older version.
    Will try to give a quick review when I get a chance to give it a run through.

Alright item is in. Looks to have the official Innofader. Case is solid with a great weight. Faders feel good and the knobs are large,rubber coated with a good amount of resistance when turning. I bought this one used and there was a capacitor cap bouncing around the inside unit. It appeared that there were some other loose ones as well which I secured. Time will tell if these components can hold up.
    I cant speak on the sound quality too in depth as I just listened through some headphones thus far. The Eqs have a pretty generous -26db which I find useful for mixing. I might add some comments as they come to me but the features this mixer has are a perfect match to what I was looking for.

Looks good so far. Did you hold on to this and if so how has it held up?

I have had it out on a few things. Its been holding up well. Its been great as far as simplicity. I really want to A/B the audio with one of my Ranes though. It might just be my skepticism but the audio quality seems a little less hifi than the more $$ mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by lburners View Post
    I have had it out on a few things. Its been holding up well. Its been great as far as simplicity. I really want to A/B the audio with one of my Ranes though. It might just be my skepticism but the audio quality seems a little less hifi than the more $$ mixers.
    Not too bad. I'm guessing the sound quality reflects the price range, however that's just an assumption. Thanks for the response.