Thread: DJ Insurance

DJ Insurance

I have noticed a potential major problem. There is an insurance term called "Collapse of Temporary Structures". It is a specific rider, and if you don't have it, it could be argued that you are not covered in the event of ******ty if, say, a light stand falls, or a light falls off a stand or truss and hits someone, or a speaker stand falls and injures someone. Or any other number of occurrences where something falls on someone or is knocked over by someone. I contacted RV Nuccio for insurance and they were only too happy to insure me quickly and at what I thought was a reasonable fee. However, I asked about "CTS" (collapse of temporary structure) coverage and they told me that it was specifically NOT covered, and NOT available at all for any price. So this leaves me wondering what we are buying insurance for, and if we are actually getting coverage for a proportion of very bad things that could easily happen in a venue with overhead or raised lights and speakers. I am continuing to research this. I advise all insured DJs to question their agent about coverage of this type of accident. Also, if anyone finds that they do in fact have this coverage, please let post your agent/company. I think CTS should be a basic concern in our business, and I definitely want my insurance to cover me if a moving head falls off a truss on someone and injures or kills them.

There is a term called "Bumping your head on my speaker" too & thats not specifically in the insurance contract either, but it falls under "liability". If you have liability insurance, you should be covered for any thing that makes you liable.... unless it specifically says that it wont cover you for "Bumping your head on my speaker".
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I've contacted my friend, who leads an insurance agency and he told me that here (in Poland specifically) club owner has responsibility for and accidents that happen in his club. If someone is organising an festival (open air for example) he should take insurance for all things that could happen there (excluding things that he is not able to predict - weather mostly).

About DJ insurance, well, my friend told me, that I can take insurance for whatever I want, it's only question of money.

Best regards,

Tomek