Thread: Denon MC6000Mk2 what's up with this weird sound?

Denon MC6000Mk2 what's up with this weird sound?

Hi guys!
    I know that it ain't tech support forum, but maybe someone here knows the symptoms.
    When i connect my Denon MC6000mk2 controller to laptop and my home hi-fi (oldschool Philips amp) some strange buzzing sounds comes up,
    even though Denon's lineout is not connected yet to the amp.. just by usb cable to the laptop, and the sound comes from the laptop's headphones jack to the amp's line in (that sound appears only when controller gets connected to laptop by usb). Amp works fine with other devices, so it's not it. When i change the cables and connect Denon's lineout to the amp, that weird sound is still there, i can play some tracks from VirtualDj software etc but whenever i hit stop all i can hear is quiet but annoying buzzing high pitched sound in the background. What is this sh**? : P

Does the sound still happen when the laptop is just running on battery power?

[I'm thinking groundloop]
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I took out power supply cord from the laptop, but the sound didn't disappear : /

Then you don't have a ground loop issue (bad earths)

the sound comes from the laptop's headphones jack to the amp's line in [...] When i change the cables and connect Denon's lineout to the amp, that weird sound is still there
    Try a different jack to RCA cable as per troubleshooting steps, you may have a problem in there...

Some laptop harddrives put out rf and digital interference that other electronics pick up. You need to isolate the controller audio output from the receiver. I use one of these sometimes when this problem crops up.

http://artproaudio.com/isolators/product/dti/

QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

Thx for the tips To eliminate some suspects, i've connected Denon to power supply and just the headphones to it, that sound is audible in headphones without PC connection..without even turning power on, but i've noticed that when i touch the metal casing with my hand that sound disappears! could it be just faulty PSU?

Quote Originally Posted by mattlsp View Post
    Thx for the tips To eliminate some suspects, i've connected Denon to power supply and just the headphones to it, that sound is audible in headphones without PC connection..without even turning power on, but i've noticed that when i touch the metal casing with my hand that sound disappears! could it be just faulty PSU?
    An earthing issue.
    If the unit is brand new, return it.
    If unit is not brand new, then either send it for repair, or open it up and try to earth it yourself.
    Some internal connection has become detached or failed.

Or alternatively run a piece of wire between the chassis and an earth connection on some other piece of equipment.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix