Thread: wireless battey powered turntable

wireless battey powered turntable

http://www.avsforum.com/wireless-lov...nning-platter/

The Love turntable ($319) is a Kickstarter project that’s billed by its creators as “the world’s first intelligent turntable.” Designed by renowned industrial designer Yves Behar, it aims to simplify the process of playing records while adding modern conveniences like the ability to skip tracks.

Cordless, wireless, rechargeable record player is a self-contained device that mounts on a base and incorporates the cartridge and stylus. The whole thing spins, negating the need for a rotating platter.

It’s able to scan a record’s surface prior to playback, which allows it to ascertain where each track begins. Thus, you can use an app to select tracks automatically, or you can use the touch control built into the device. Amusingly, the Love turntable will even include an alarm clock function.

According to its Kickstarter page, the Love turntable uses a high-quality cartridge and stylus, and applies no more pressure to a record than a typical turntable does. The device itself never contacts the record surface, only the stylus touches the grooves.

This player can connect in several ways. It incorporates Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and you can connect it using a plug-and-play aptX Bluetooth receiver that’s included. Furthermore, it can connect directly to Sonos using Wi-Fi.

Thanks to its design, this player is very portable. The kit comes with two bases, which lets listeners have a second album ready to play, all you need do is move the player itself from one base to the other.

Surprisingly, the company lists actual specifications for the device. Wow and flutter is listed at 0.2% maximum, rumble is kept to less than -60 dB, frequency response is 20 Hz to 18 kHz within a 3-dB window, the digital sample rate is 16-bit /44 kHz, and channel separation is 25 dB at 1 kHz.

Amusingly, the Love turntable promises to preserve the scratches and pops that are part of the record listening experience.

This Kickstarter project has far exceeded its funding goal. It’ll be interesting to read about—and perhaps personally experienced—how it performs. While I’m going to maintain a healthy dose of skepticism, there’s a lot to this player that’s going to be appealing to ****** vinyl listeners who are into lifestyle audio.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

That's not the worst kickstarter idea I've ever seen, although my concern of the needle quality is a big one.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

What cracks me up is that to get the sound, you still have to go through a AD and DA conversion... which - to me - defeats the entire purpose.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

The hipsters will buy it! And part of this design is a rip off this.
    QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

So when did turntables become off topic?
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

It's in turntables section now
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    That's not the worst kickstarter idea I've ever seen, although my concern of the needle quality is a big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by drzinc View Post
    The hipsters will buy it! And part of this design is a rip off this.
    Hopefully it has a better crappy stylus they the bus one.